RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Suggestions & Feedback

Premier Sponsor:

jds100

Aug 28, 2001, 3:07 AM
Post #1 of 2 (1211 views)
Shortcut

too many repetitive forum topics
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I would like to suggest that before someone starts a "new" forum topic, they should go to "Search", and search the keywords of their idea to check for existing forums. I seriously doubt that there could be very many genuinely NEW topic ideas developing. I've searched, for example, "bolt, bolts, chopping" because I noticed yet another "new" forum started on bolt ethics. It's a valid discussion, but one that has been taken up on numerous occasions on this site already. The contributions on these existing forums is valuable, and is exactly what the person is looking for by starting a new forum, but I think we are simply going to get tired of repeating ourselves every time someone else comes up with a great "new" idea.

Check for existing forums by keywords (not just one; be imaginative and search thoroughly). When you add a comment to an existing forum it will move to the head of the line as an active -newly active- forum, and the discussion can get picked up from the new comment. Chances are you'll also enjoy reading what's already been said there on the topic.

To the administrators:
Is there a way to combine similar forums that already exist on this website, thus reducing the number of forum pages to go through, and reducing the topic search results to a smaller number of forums to examine? Wouldn't it be better to have more pages within a forum, than more forums dealling with the same topic?
Since the site can execute a search by keyword, would it be possible to add a function which would alert that a "new" forum topic already exists and that the writer should go to that forum (or one of a small number of choices) to continue the thread there, rather than allow another forum to be initiated?

Hope so!

Partner pianomahnn

Aug 28, 2001, 7:43 AM
Post #2 of 2 (1211 views)
Shortcut

too many repetitive forum topics [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Your request is a lost cause. I've been a member of, and administrator of many web forums, and this is something that just "is." People will not search for something before posting. The only advice I can give you is just to deal and move on. I have.

Forums : Rockclimbing.com : Suggestions & Feedback

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook