RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Suggestions & Feedback

Premier Sponsor:

cyanamid

Nov 27, 2004, 7:41 PM
Post #1 of 4 (1314 views)
Shortcut

Addition to the Shoes section of the Gear Guide
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I was thinking that perhaps adding a drop down box or two to the shoe reviews might help control the number of shoe threads.

Something like:
I bought this Shoe [0, .5, 1, 1.5 etc.. ] number of sizes smaller than my street shoe.
This Shoe stretched about [ 0, .5, 1, 1.5, etc..] sizes after it was broken in.
Then maybe an average of the inputs could be posted somewhere in the item description?

I know you guys have a lot of stuff you are working on first, but I thought I'd throw this out there and see if anyone else thinks it might be helpful.

Partner neuroshock

Nov 27, 2004, 7:52 PM
Post #2 of 4 (1314 views)
Shortcut

Re: Addition to the Shoes section of the Gear Guide [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

nice suggestions. my $0.02 below

In reply to:
I bought this Shoe [0, .5, 1, 1.5 etc.. ] number of sizes smaller than my street shoe.
IMO, that might not be as useful as one would think. there are shoes that i've bought, happily, .5 size down whereas a friend bought the same shoe 2 whole sizes down. it all depends on how you prefer your shoes; it isn't indicative of the average fit.

In reply to:
This Shoe stretched about [ 0, .5, 1, 1.5, etc..] sizes after it was broken in.
now that *would* be very useful...assuming that people are accurate in discerning much it stretched. and it would better serve the same purpose than the intended data from above ("sizes smaller than street").

cyanamid

Nov 27, 2004, 8:12 PM
Post #3 of 4 (1314 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
nice suggestions. my $0.02 below

In reply to:
IMO, that might not be as useful as one would think. there are shoes that i've bought, happily, .5 size down whereas a friend bought the same shoe 2 whole sizes down. it all depends on how you prefer your shoes; it isn't indicative of the average fit..
I actually agree with you there, the reason I added that one is maybe one person buys them 2 sizes small and ends up stretching them 1 full size, but someone else buys them 1 size small and only ends up with 1/2 size stretch. That may help someone reading the reviews get a better point of reference.

Edit : Poor grammer.

overlord

Nov 28, 2004, 8:26 AM
Post #4 of 4 (1314 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

imho a better thing to do would be to note how much they stretched. so youd know what to expect.

Forums : Rockclimbing.com : Suggestions & Feedback

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook