RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - West Coast

Premier Sponsor:

miagi

Jun 1, 2002, 4:24 AM
Post #1 of 7 (2620 views)
Shortcut

Hawaii Vacation - any guides?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey everyone,
As a graduation gift, my parents are taking me and my girl to Hawaii from July 4th to the 15th. Of course, instead of the trip being for the sole purpose of my fun, I think the trip is for their own enjoyment . Anyways, I will probably be bringing enough gear to top rope, boulder, and sport climb if there is enough room. If any native climber or someone going to Hawaii during that time wants to get together, that would be great. Been to the rockclimbinghawaii site and posted there too . Hope to hear from someone soon!

-Miagi- "Wock Cīmin wules!"

clam

Jun 5, 2002, 3:36 PM
Post #2 of 7 (2620 views)
Shortcut

Hawaii Vacation - any guides? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Miagi, Check out Gunks.com, Discussion, Other Areas, a thread entitled "Hawaiin Guides."
The Best,
Charlie

space_monkey

Jun 5, 2002, 3:59 PM
Post #3 of 7 (2620 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I going to be in Hawaii from the 7th till the 12th. I would be intrested in climbing. I don't know of any climbing areas there.

Tyler

killclimbz

Jun 5, 2002, 4:00 PM
Post #4 of 7 (2620 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

This website that is on the front page of rockclimbing.com is probably your best resource.

http://www.rockclimbinghawaii.com/

tahquitztwo

Jun 7, 2002, 6:34 AM
Post #5 of 7 (2620 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Just checked out the Hawaii website for climbing. I didn't know the name of it at the time but a few years ago I was at the Molukolea Wall on Oahu's North Shore(I know, my spelling is terrible)....it is a steep hike but definitely worth it. The climbs are awesome and so is the view from your perch along the base of the cliff as you look down at the beach and ocean. It was one of the highlights of the trip

liudolf

Jun 9, 2002, 10:35 AM
Post #6 of 7 (2620 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm be around through June, but I might be gone during July if anybody needs a guide, spare rope, harness, belay, whatever. Weekends only, unless my boss miraculously decides to start letting me climb whenever I please. And considering I'm in the Navy, that's unlikely.

Jeremy

gymnasticscoach

Jun 9, 2002, 12:39 PM
Post #7 of 7 (2620 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hello Miagi,

I am a gymnastics club owner in Waipio, Hawaii on Oahu. I recently built an indoor climbing wall in my gym. It is 23' high and 20' wide. It has vertical ridges, flat verticles, and an overhang that resembles a wave curling over at the top. If you want to climb indoors, then call me at (808)680-0777 at What's Up Gymnastics! or e-mail me at whatsupgymnastics@att.net . I tried to get Brian Craven to list my gym in his website (rockclimbinghawaii.com) under indoor gyms, but - so far he has not done it. His "dream gym" so far is still just a dream gym. Mine exists and is ready if the weather gets wet outside.

Aloha,
Dan Misener

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - West Coast

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook