RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Gear Heads

Premier Sponsor:

wearyourtruth

Dec 11, 2004, 8:19 PM
Post #1 of 3 (549 views)
Shortcut

word on red chili tornados?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

i recently got a certificate for a free pair of Red Chili shoes... at first i knew i wanted the X-cubes, i've heard lots of good things about them, but fact of the matter is i already have a fairly new pair of shoes, so i started looking at the Tornados as possibly a good shoe for all day/multipitch climbing... i'll be in potrero chico over new years and would really like a comfortable pair of shoes for the all day accents.

has anyone worn or heard about the shoe? i haven't been able to find anything online. thanks!

p.s. here's a link to the shoe http://www.redchili.de/pages/p_tornado_e.html

hema

Dec 11, 2004, 8:38 PM
Post #2 of 3 (549 views)
Shortcut

Re: word on rec chili tornados? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Word on the street (and the other side of the Pond) is the Tornado is a bit more technical than Mad Rock Frenzy Velcro (which I have), but a little less than Scarpa Marathon. One of my friends have 'em and he really likes 'em.

Good shoe and great for longer route, very comfortable. Seen quite a few climbers using those shoes on 5.11 or 5.12 R's (those crazy Britts) so probably the shoe ain't gonna hold you back.

Ps. Try before you buy, as those shoes won't strech at all (lucky if they even mould) so try to get right size if comfort is you're idea.

wearyourtruth

Dec 11, 2004, 9:47 PM
Post #3 of 3 (549 views)
Shortcut

Re: word on red chili tornados? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

do red chili's run pretty consistent in sizes between models? i tried on the Phantom at the gym i won the certificate at (that was the only model they had) and am about a 9.5 UK (would probably get 10's for a little more comfort in the Tornado) but i know sometimes models can vary in size within a company.

Forums : Climbing Information : Gear Heads

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook