Forums: Community: Campground:
Ask curt a question thread!
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 22 Next page Last page  View All

piton

Dec 15, 2004, 1:34 PM
Post #301 of 540 (10315 views)
Shortcut

Re: Ask curt a question thread! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Do you remember your first blow job?

bumblie

Dec 15, 2004, 1:36 PM
Post #302 of 540 (10315 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
But, as global and US citizens, you have an obligation to accept diversity.

Do all those post-election, "I'm moving to Canada" people embrace this mindset?

dingus

Dec 15, 2004, 2:41 PM
Post #303 of 540 (10315 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
Curt,

Were you serious about your 'foot belay' technique? Or were you trolling?

No--that thread was meant to be serious.

Curt

Hey Curt, when you say serious, you really meant 'serious trolling?'

DMT

Partner taualum23

Dec 15, 2004, 3:13 PM
Post #304 of 540 (10315 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

If you actually care about your scotch selection and don't want to drink the same 15 or so name brands over and over until you die from boredom, and don't care that guests will not see fnacy lables, may I recommend you either purchase re-bottlings of single-cask (scotts selection, etc. any decent store can help you, or I would be happy to) or, better yet, join the scotch malt whisky society. (www.smwsa.com) I have been a member for a number of years. You get access to HUNDREDS of bottlings from every region, shipped to you undiluted, non-chilfiltered, single cask, cask-strength. Tasting notes are available. When someone comes to your house, find out what they like, and then use your experience with these remarkeable whiskies to give them a treat they will be amazed by. The opportunity to dilute (with correct water, of course) to an appropriate nosing proof or drinking prrof is remarkeabble, as is the option of tasting at cask strength and diluted, experiencing the difference in the nose and moutfeel as different strengths are attained. otherwise, go with Curt's selections and recommendations. They are all quite good.

The smws whisky is not cheap, averaging around 90-100 a bottle, but they are simply amazing. If you have not had the pleaseure of drinking indivisually selected cask-strength non-chillfiltered scotch, you are missing out. if you are ever around CT, I'd be happy to share a dram or three with you.

Edit: To further agree with Curt, if you do buy springbank, buy a bottle of every age they have available. It is one of the most intriguing vertical tastings I have ever had the pleasure of taking part in. Old springbank is hard to find...good luck!!

Partner taualum23

Dec 15, 2004, 3:26 PM
Post #305 of 540 (10315 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
But, as global and US citizens, you have an obligation to accept diversity.

Do all those post-election, "I'm moving to Canada" people embrace this mindset?

Yes, I think they do, and see a country they still love rejecting it to such a vile degree that they stated (most speaking in hyperbole, I imagine) this extreme position.

The fact that a decent percentage of the populace supports writing bigotry into the constitution based on their own morality is simply unacceptable to another decent percentage.

HOW DOES GAY MARRIAGE/RIGHTS affect you?? You don't have to find it moral. But why must you make it illegal? Why should people in love and dedicated for life have less rights than you because you think they are doing something immoral?

What if the religios right said that having the hair color you have makes you less of a person, and you should not be allowed to marry. If the majority agreed, you would just accept it, right? Thought so.

bumblie

Dec 15, 2004, 3:34 PM
Post #306 of 540 (10315 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

And how do you feel about the open practice of Sharia Law, among some of Canada's Muslim communities?

kimmyt

Dec 15, 2004, 3:37 PM
Post #307 of 540 (10315 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Do you remember your first blow job?

You'd have to specify given or received.

Partner taualum23

Dec 15, 2004, 3:38 PM
Post #308 of 540 (10315 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Does it do harm to individuals? Or the rights they are supposed to have under the law? If so, then I imagine I would not like it (I do not claim to be an expert on Islamic culture or rules).

Partner taualum23

Dec 15, 2004, 3:38 PM
Post #309 of 540 (10315 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
And how do you feel about the open practice of Sharia Law, among some of Canada's Muslim communities?

Does it do harm to individuals? Or the rights they are supposed to have under the law? If so, then I imagine I would not like it (I do not claim to be an expert on Islamic culture or rules).

Sorry for the double post, just wanted to be clear what I was responding to. Lets go back to talking about scotch. Might not be as culturally significant at this point, but it sure tastes better.

bumblie

Dec 15, 2004, 3:47 PM
Post #310 of 540 (10315 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

Yes and Yes. For example, in a dispute between a husband and wife, the husband almost always wins, regardless of who is at fault. In the spirit of embracing diversity shouldn't we withhold judgements?

livingtheedge

Dec 15, 2004, 3:49 PM
Post #311 of 540 (10315 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Curt did this thread turn out like you thought it would?

livingtheedge

Dec 15, 2004, 3:53 PM
Post #312 of 540 (10315 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Curt was this site even around in 1970? (refering to my joined site date) I Know that i wasnt around then.

Partner taualum23

Dec 15, 2004, 3:56 PM
Post #313 of 540 (10315 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Yes and Yes. For example, in a dispute between a husband and wife, the husband almost always wins, regardless of who is at fault. In the spirit of embracing diversity shouldn't we withhold judgements?

I do believe you are missing the difference between tolerance/diversity and blind acceptance. If a person is harmed, or rights UNDER THE LAW are infringed, then it is not a matter of tolerance. If a person is considered "winning" in the home, then yes, that is a matter for the religion, and should be tolerated. If, for example, a woman can be diverced inside the religion for disagreeing with her husband, that's her religion. I might not lie it, but its hers. If she tries to get help from the courts, because this is against the family law where she lives, then the court must apply the law of the land fairly, regardless of her (or his) religion. If religios doctrine is allwoed to run the law, then the taliban is right, and we are wrong. Same goes for the debate re: homosexualtiy. The law must not be driven by some group's take on religious doctrine.

bumblie

Dec 15, 2004, 3:57 PM
Post #314 of 540 (10315 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Curt,

How do I practice your recommended "foot belay" technique while not committing the Cardinal sin of stepping on the rope?

Sincerely,

Goldline Traddie.

bumblie

Dec 15, 2004, 4:05 PM
Post #315 of 540 (10315 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

So much for getting back to Scotch. :roll:

Curt,

Which is harder V10 or A4?

Partner taualum23

Dec 15, 2004, 4:09 PM
Post #316 of 540 (10315 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Good call Bumblie. I just can't let it go, sometimes.

Curt,

WHY, oh WHY do boulderers wear beanies when they are not wearing a shirt? I just don't get it. Is it hot? Is it cold? Are they horrific fashion victims with too many good muscles to not show off?

Thanks,
Befuddled in Bishop.

piton

Dec 15, 2004, 4:27 PM
Post #317 of 540 (10315 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

When you climb w/ Hillary do you check out her ass? If yes is it:
A) a quick glance
B) multiple glances
C) a long awkward stare where drool starts to form in the corner of your mouth and unconsciously your brake hand slides off the rope to adjust your unit from the fantasies that you play out in head

atg200

Dec 15, 2004, 4:35 PM
Post #318 of 540 (10315 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

taualum23 - thanks for that information! i will definitely be looking in to that club before long.

Partner taualum23

Dec 15, 2004, 4:43 PM
Post #319 of 540 (10315 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

If I can get just one more person drunk on really good whisky, I feel I have done my job for humanity.

clausti

Dec 15, 2004, 10:33 PM
Post #320 of 540 (10315 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edit: delete.

kimmyt

Dec 15, 2004, 10:43 PM
Post #321 of 540 (10315 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Dear Curt,

If I don't like scotch (I've tried one kind...Aberlauer and found it had a weird taste and couldn't drink it all) does that mean I will never be considered a 'real climber'?

K.

Partner macherry

Dec 15, 2004, 10:51 PM
Post #322 of 540 (10315 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Dear Curt,

If I don't like scotch (I've tried one kind...Aberlauer and found it had a weird taste and couldn't drink it all) does that mean I will never be considered a 'real climber'?

K.

no, just not a boulderer

Partner philbox

Dec 15, 2004, 11:01 PM
Post #323 of 540 (10315 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

mallory to christina at boatrock on monday as christina strips out of shirts to just a bra top.... and beanie.: "christina! newsflash! its cold!"
christina in rebuttal : "yeah, I don't know what you're doing, but I'm rock climbing."

Must resist making smart comment, must resist, can`t resist, must resist, ffffzzzzlzlllleee crackle pop grind (noise made when brain circuit blows).

jumpingrock

Dec 16, 2004, 12:21 AM
Post #324 of 540 (10315 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

mallory to christina at boatrock on monday as christina strips out of shirts to just a bra top.... and beanie.: "christina! newsflash! its cold!"
christina in rebuttal : "yeah, I don't know what you're doing, but I'm rock climbing."

Must resist making smart comment, must resist, can`t resist, must resist, ffffzzzzlzlllleee crackle pop grind (noise made when brain circuit blows).

Dude... how hard can it possibly be for you to make a smart comment... I am still waiting patiently on the first one to be said. :P

Oh and a question for Curt:

How does one convince their parents that they are an adult and therefore can make decisions on their own without alienating said parents?

atg200

Dec 16, 2004, 12:24 AM
Post #325 of 540 (10315 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
How does one convince their parents that they are an adult and therefore can make decisions on their own without alienating said parents?

Don't ask them for money anymore.

First page Previous page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 22 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook