RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - MidWest

Premier Sponsor:

kbanks

Dec 26, 2004, 9:59 PM
Post #1 of 6 (1414 views)
Shortcut

Where to buy shoes in the Northern Burbs of Chicago
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Private Reply | Can't Post

I need to get some shoes (first pair) and around here there is pretty slim pickings...I am about an hour north of Chicago and 45min from the WI border. Wondering if anyone knows of a place to get a good pair of shoes that will not cost me my first born child. Thanks for the help :lol:

pk

Dec 26, 2004, 10:06 PM
Post #2 of 6 (1414 views)
Shortcut

Re: Where to buy shoes in the Northern Burbs of Chicago [In reply to]
Report this Post

Niles would be your closest REI but probably an hour or 45 minutes from you southeast. I don't really like buying shoes online inless I've tried them on in the store first.

P.K.

organic

Dec 27, 2004, 3:02 AM
Post #3 of 6 (1414 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

I would say hit up the REI in Niles or the vertical endeavors climbing gym in warrenville on Jan 1st and 2nd they are having a sale of 20% off all gear.

jackpinesavage

Dec 27, 2004, 3:37 AM
Post #4 of 6 (1414 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Check out Galyans in Lombard or woodfield. They are selling off most of the gear at half price. Most might be gone by now. Its been hapening for about 3 weeks

chitowngirl

Dec 27, 2004, 4:11 AM
Post #5 of 6 (1414 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

I would go to Galyans's out in Schaumburg or VE in Warrenville. I don't know if Galyan's will let ya' try em out before ya' buy, but they do have a little wall there (although it never seems to be open...). Ve will let you try before you buy, which is great, and as said before, they're having a sale.

ladsquared

Dec 27, 2004, 10:22 PM
Post #6 of 6 (1414 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

if you're located in the northside, your best bet is to visit the moosejaw in deerfield. the store is located in the shopping plaza off of deerfield road and waukegan road. they have excellent service as far as what you want and what you need. another good bet would be to visit the moosejaw in chicago, but that may be a bit of a ride for you. if you do stop into the chicago moosejaw, look for a guy named miguel. he's the most knowledgable guy there about climbing shoes. moosejaw has an excellent selection of shoes as well. if they don't have your size in a particular model, they can order that pair for you. granted it may take a week or 2 to get the shoes, but it could be worth it.

vertical endeavors is another good place, as far as their gear shop and the gym. again, this place may be a hike for you, about 1.5 to 2 hours. VE is just a shot down 294-south to 88-west, just to give you an idea of where it is. they also have a good selection of shoes, and their service is okay. they offer: mad rock flashes, 5.10 anasazi velcro and moccasyms, lasportiva katanas,venoms and cliffs, and a few red chili models.

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - MidWest

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook