Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
information on Red rocks canyon
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

climber15

Jan 1, 2005, 4:03 PM
Post #1 of 3 (1769 views)
Shortcut

information on Red rocks canyon  (North_America: United_States: Colorado: Front_Range: Red_Rock_Canyon)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hi Im Ben Schmitt. My dad and I are currently in New Zealand right now and we have put up two routes In Red Rocks Canyon. I dont know what they decided to name the wall they were put up on, but it is about 300 feet past the ripple wall heading up the road from the car park and you turn left into some trees and come through to a clearing. heres my best attempt at a map. 2.)??????????????????

////////////// 1.)??????? our routes are above
ripple wall
_________________________________trees _____________________
road__

can anyone tell me the name of the wall with the 2.) next to it? the routes we have there are the left one beeing "going to kiwiland" (10d) and the right one beeing "certain kind of fool" (11a) they both share the same clip anchor, so if anyone wants to do them they are pretty good. But if i could find the name of the wall that would be great.

cheers,
ben

usafcadet

Jan 4, 2005, 10:43 PM
Post #2 of 3 (1769 views)
Shortcut

Re: information on Red rocks canyon [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

According to the guidebook, there are two routes on "The Cheif" (one of the next walls down from Ripple Wall), that Ed Schmidt and crew had the FA. They both share the same anchor. The one on your left, as you face the wall, is called Ed's Gone (5.11a) and the one to its right is Ed's in NZ (5.9).

verde53

Jan 5, 2005, 9:46 AM
Post #3 of 3 (1769 views)
Shortcut

Re: information on Red rocks canyon [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Ben,
Greetings to you and Ed. I hope you are all well and happy in NZ...I finally found you though. I need the names of the two routes you did in Red Rock Canyon Open Space...I just pulled a couple names out of the hat when I did the guide but want the real ones. Email me and let me know the right names...Thanks.
All the best to you and Ed,
Stewart

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook