Forums : Profile : johnnyb336

Last Logon: Jul 19, 2014, 8:40 PM
Local Time: Aug 21, 2014, 9:05 AM

Personal Profile

Name: Johnny O'Connell
Interests: Climbing, Camping, Fishing, Canoeing, Kayaking, Hiking, Backpacking, Mountain Biking, Coins, Cars, Native American Artifacts, etc.
Email: johnnysnothere@aol.com
More Info:
Climbing is more of a newer pursuit for me. I only started in August of 2009, rapelling at that. I started toproping by September at Little Lost Cove and The Chimneys. By late September, I started lead climbing at Table Rock and climbed Dirty Crack at Stone. I continued lead climbing at Table Rock nearly every weekend until late November. From then until March, I climbed the rock quarry at Rocky Face in the Brushies due to the excellent winter climbing. I started climbing heavily at Stone Mountain in March, with the goal of climbing every route. I usually climb with one partner and I always lead. I have not posted most of my climbs because I am not certain of the dates. I really enjoy climbing and do it for my own personal satisfaction, not bragging rights. My partner and I learned everything we know from reading and experimentation. I have found many climbers to be friendly and very helpful, especially at Stone Mountain. However, I have encountered many arrogant climbers that almost caused me to quit climbing before I really even started. I think it is important to remember that everyone had to start somewhere and that being ugly and condescending to beginners is not a noble trait. I am always open to helping others, especially those new to the sport. Proper climbing ethics are important to me and I try to always do my climbs properly. I never add additional fixed protection or use devices that could cause damage to the rock. I also never use my gear or other things such as trees to assist with my climbing.

Climbing Profile

Skills:
Lead | Follow
City:
State:

Photos

Main Wall Top Rope Buttress - Right Side Top Rope Buttress - Left Side Left Face 2nd Half Left Wall - 1 through 8 Main Wall Freddie's Dead

Ascent Log Go View Full Log (152) The 5 most recent ascents recorded by a user in our Routes Database are shown on the user Profile.

Date Level Grade Route Rating
2014-01-11 Red Point Red Point 5.4 Original Route Direct (Version A) 3 out of 5 stars
2013-12-15 Red Point Red Point 5.8 The Pulpit 4 out of 5 stars
2013-12-01 Red Point Red Point 5.9 Taken for Granite 4 out of 5 stars
2013-12-01 Top Rope Top Rope 5.10a PF Flyers 3 out of 5 stars
2013-11-30 Red Point Red Point 5.8 Block Route 4 out of 5 stars
2013-11-30 Red Point Red Point 5.7 U Slot 4 out of 5 stars
2013-10-10 Onsight Onsight 5.8 Gemini Crack 4 out of 5 stars

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$14.36 (10% off)
$62.55 (10% off)