RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Bouldering

Premier Sponsor:

bulletproofoptimism

May 14, 2006, 9:58 PM
Post #1 of 4 (2469 views)
Shortcut

Bouldering in Bend, OR
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I have heard rumors of lots of great bouldering int the bend area but dont know where it is other than Sisters and some scattered boulders between redmond and sisters. Any info would be great.

belikerk

Apr 2, 2010, 11:25 AM
Post #2 of 4 (2084 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bulletproofoptimism] Bouldering in Bend, OR [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

there are a few spots I have been to. The Depot is located south of Farewell Bend Park. If you hike down the Deschutes River Trail you will eventually come to some walls about a half-mile down with numerous bouldering problems. The great thing about this spot is There are places on each side of the river. Another place is to take the cascade lakes highway heading towards mount bachelor. Before you get to Widgi Creek Golf Course take a dirt road on the left that says meadow camp. That road will take you down to the river and when you get to the parking lot take the trail that heads downriver and you will see the rocks on the left. A spot nearby that is instead of taking a left before the golf course keep going and about halfway past the golf course there will be a dirt road on the right. if you park there and head north on the dirt road you will eventually come to the widgi creek boulders
In reply to:

Veeness

Apr 4, 2010, 5:01 PM
Post #3 of 4 (2036 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bulletproofoptimism] Bouldering in Bend, OR [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Those are two great spots. I lived there for a couple months and LOVED the climbing. Widgi is great. They even have an opening season camp weekend there with all the other climbers there.

(This post was edited by Veeness on Apr 4, 2010, 5:01 PM)

wolfeman

Apr 5, 2010, 11:45 AM
Post #4 of 4 (2006 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Veeness] Bouldering in Bend, OR [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Don't forget to consider poaching the fine boulders with perfect landings on the various golf courses!Shocked

Pirate

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Bouldering

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook