Thanks to the use of comparatively lightweight
materials, the North Wind is pretty light as four-season tents go. When properly
guyed-out, it stands up well to normal winter conditions (for really brutal
weather or sustained expedition-style use, we recommend the MEC Nunatak, which
has a streamlined profile, and a stronger, heavier frame and fabric). One of the
two integral vestibules is hooped for additional storage room and to serve as an
airlock, in which to strip off boots and outer clothing prior to entering the
main tent. The North Wind is comparatively cool on hot nights thanks to a large
mesh inner front door and a zip-out mesh skylight. The floor on this model has
now been upgraded to our awesome HT-Seal™ for longterm
- Fits two to three people.
- Floor is made of Navy Blue HT-Seal® 70-denier 18,500mm polyurethane-coated taffeta nylon.
- Fly is made of Autumn Gold 75-denier polyester taffeta - polyurethane-coated for waterproofness to 2000mm.
- Canopy is made of a white, 230-count, 40-denier ripstop
nylon - undyed for greater strength and to reduce dye effluent use,
which is harmful to the environment.
- All exposed seams are taped for watertightness.
- The main body poles are 9mm diameter, Easton 7075-T9 aluminum. Vestibule pole is 8.6mm diameter, Easton 7075-T9 aluminum.
- Floor area is 3.81 sq. m.
- Minimum weight is 4.45kg, packaged weight is 4.81kg.
- Packed size is 20 x 63cm.
- Sewn in Vietnam, fabrics from Taiwan, Japan, and USA, frame from USA.