Great tent • not so good support poles
Review by: slopjop, 2007-08-30
I really really love this thing.
there are a few drawbacks that keep this thing from getting a 5-star rating.
* Off the ground camping
* Really roomy (5'6" height inside and can sleep 2 VERY comfortably)
* Fairly easy access in and out
* Packages up very small for transportation
* Solid truck straps to keep it mounted in severe wind conditions
* God awful tent poles (2 snapped after second use, others are bent)
* No ceiling windows except for 2 very small triangular pieces (come on guys, how hard would that have been?)
* no window to access truck rear-slide window (there's only a sock thing so you can run cables)
anyway, the thing has a warranty. i called about pole replacement and they shipped a whole new set the next day. i have never heard of tent poles snapping so easily. for some reason i thought they would be indestructible.
it was a pretty big letdown realizing that there was no ceiling opening to provide better circulation. 80° summer nights kinda blow.
all in all though, i've enjoyed having the tent and will continue to use it. i just need to test it out on a rainy night now to see how it really does. cheers!