Skip to Content

Rock Climbing Photos : Misc : a question of vocabulary...

a question of vocabulary...

a question of vocabulary...

I would like to have the english names of the different kind of holds seen on this beautiful (!) drawing.
1) a round hold for the whole hand.
2) the part above the roof where you have to do a pull up.
3) a flat but slopy hold.
4) an "undercling"?
5) a pocket?
6) a small hold for 1 phalanx (a crimp?) 7)
a ledge?
8) very small holds for the toes.
9) a slab, but with many bumps.
10) a vertical hold you can take with the thumb on one side and the other fingers on the other side.
11) a vertical hold you take with all the fingers but the thumb (which lies above te other ones).
12) a flat hold for 2 or 3 phalanx.
thank you!
Created by Thomas Ribière with the fabulous Paint softwear...;)

Rating: 12345   Go Login to rate this photo.   |   Votes: 4   |   Comments: 5   |   Viewed: 1164

Twitter  Facebook  StumbleUpon  Delicious  Digg  Reddit  Technorati

Add to Album

Rock Climbing Photo Location Photo Location: No Location Information

Add a Comment