|| Grdoba climbing area is near village Pocuta.
How to find Pocuta:
Solution 1.: from Belgrade 2 roads lead to village of Pocuta:
a) From Belgrade road (E-783) leads to Cacak, and further on to Montenegro. The road is also known as Ibarska magistrala. The road leads trough town of Stepojevac, and passing by town of Lazarevac. After 60 km, you should take right turn towards Valjevo. 3 km after turning you will pass trough the town of Lajkovac. The road, than leads you straight to Valjevo. When it enters City of Valjevo, the road is turns from 2-lane into a 4-lane road. You should drive the same road until it ends. At the end, you have two solutions. Left or right turn. You should take left turn and go towards Pocuta or Bajina Basta. After 25 km, you will enter the village of Pocuta. From there you can find crag in already described manner.
b) From Belgrade you should take road towards Obrenovac. Road is known as ''Old Obrenovac road''. After 31 km you will enter Obrenovac. From there you should go towards town of Ub. You will pass smaller towns (Stubline….) before you enter Ub. 12 km after Ub you will enter the road Lajkovac-Valjevo. Take turn towards Valjevo, and get to Pocuta in already described manner.
If you approach from North, Highway E-75 (Hungary or …) you should stay on the Highway E-75 until you reach city of Novi Sad. From there you can reach Pocuta on two ways. One leads to the Belgrade (also E-75) then as already described to village of Pocuta. Second one is going over Fruska gora, towards Ruma and further on towards Sabac. From Sabac you should go towards Valjevo and village of Pocuta in already described manner.
We strongly recommend: to use first solution. The road is better and it is a much faster (it does not go trough small villages). Total amount of km is practically the same. Second solution might be better during summer weekends. People are coming and going to Montenegro (seaside), so the road can be pretty crowded.
How to find crag:
If you are planing to climb on Uper Walls/Blocks (Blok 1., 2. or 3.), best way to approach to the crag Prilaz steni - klikni za uveličani prikaz. is by driving to the village of Pocuta, then take the right turn at the bar "Kod Vuka". That road leads to the Monastery Pustinja and further to the Medvednik Mountain hut (for both locations there are traffic signs on the main road). After driving for 1 km in that direction, a small plateau is going to apper on your right side. There you can park your car. Parking is, practically, on top of Blok 1. Further on, you mast continue on foot. The path leads behind the walls and separatly for each Block (like on the picture). When you continue, on main walking path, after few hundred meters you will reach the woods. After walking in the woods for 100 m., facing towards the river (downhill) you will reach the Blok u sumi. If you go downhill to the Blok u sumi and cross the river right below Blok u sumi, you can reach Blok pored reke and further on Blok 5 by turning right (upstream the river) and walking for 100 met.
Is recommended if you are planning to climb on Blok u sumi, Blok pored reke or Blok 5. 500 m. before you enter the village of Pocuta, on the end of the bridge you should park your car. From there, the walking path leads straight (the one on your right side is the wrong path and it will lead you to the river) to the woods. After walking a few hundred met. you will reach the Blok u sumi (under it). You can use same way (as described above) to reach the Blok pored reke and the Blok 5.
1. To climb on Upper Walls/Blocks (Blok 1., 2. or 3.) in spring and autumn days, even in sunny winter days, because the walls are facing south-south/west. Climbing in summer days, practically is not possible.
2. Climbing in summer days, also early autumn and late spring is perfect on the Blok u sumi, Blok pored reke or Blok 5. The crag is in the woods, thus always in the shadow.
3. Perfect place for sleeping (placing your tent) is on the top of Blok 2, or Blok 1, especially in spring and autumn nights. For summer nights, we recommend to sleep next to the river (although it can be very humid). On rainy nights, you can place your tents under the Blocks (especially First, because they are very steep). 8-9 km from the crags you can find mountain house. The house has a few rooms, you can eat there, too. Road to the House is marked and only the first 3 km is nice, other 5 km is pretty bad.
4. All food and drink supplies you can find in two markets in the Pocuta. The first one is just across the bar Kod Vuka, the second one is few hundred met. down the road. For "special requirements" you should drive to the city of Valjevo 25 km further.
5. All the crags are placed on the private property, so it is strongly recommended not to leave any garbage, or noise, or …. Owners didn't, by now, make any problems to climb and camp on their property, so, please, let's keep it that way!!