Forums: Climbing Information: In Memory Of:
Dan Osman
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for In Memory Of

Premier Sponsor:

 


miademus


Mar 28, 2007, 2:08 PM
Post #1 of 62 (41615 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 7, 2005
Posts: 511

Dan Osman
Report this Post
Can't Post

We settled a few projects up called "zende yad Dan Osman"
which means in remembering of Dan Osman, which includes safety rope jumps from various bridges around Iran...just a small tribute to this Great man.

Feel free to post any picture/video link, article about Dan Osman.


(This post was edited by miademus on Mar 28, 2007, 2:36 PM)


swam


Mar 29, 2007, 9:40 AM
Post #2 of 62 (41460 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 16, 2006
Posts: 10

Re: [miademus] Dan Osman [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Thank you, it’s great to give tribute to Dan Osman...

Talented rock artist, strong gracious athlete, climber, master rigger, single rope jumper, innovator….

a few Dan links on the web:

Slayer, (Cave Rock, now closed) edited change of link:les débuts
http://www.dailymotion.com/...n-les-debuts_extreme

Without ropes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viy9pWTGNys

Fire in the hole
http://www.youtube.com/...=related&search=

Jumps:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_13FFKXE2E

Cold?
Facing ice
Mesmerizing settings….
http://www.youtube.com/...=related&search=
icy
Shiver. Faced fear
Sword of bravery,
Beyond limits,
Masts my mind
Energy adjusted to life, doubled time.

to infinity, to eternity, to green trees,
merci grigri. et encore, désolée. sw-an


(This post was edited by swam on Apr 30, 2008, 4:59 PM)


matttt


Mar 29, 2007, 10:07 AM
Post #3 of 62 (41422 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 14, 2006
Posts: 84

Re: [miademus] Dan Osman [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post







RIP Dano!


(This post was edited by matttt on Mar 29, 2007, 10:09 AM)


paultl88


Mar 29, 2007, 10:19 AM
Post #4 of 62 (41400 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 7, 2004
Posts: 4

Re: [miademus] Dan Osman [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Do any of you guys know where I could find video of the interview with dan and the interview of his wife, or girlfriend online. I have been looking for it but can only find it in spanish.

Thats awsome to make a tribute to such a interesting person.


summerprophet


Mar 29, 2007, 3:21 PM
Post #5 of 62 (41302 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 16, 2004
Posts: 764

Re: [miademus] Dan Osman [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I consider myself blessed to have met the man a month before his death. We were on the west face doing the (what i believe to be) the first one day accent and met him on awanhee ledge. He was stoked for us, and added such a wonderful mood to the two of us just cutting our teeth on the easy routes in the valley. I still have a carabiner stamped "DO" that I picked up on that route.


miademus


Apr 2, 2007, 6:31 AM
Post #6 of 62 (41104 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 7, 2005
Posts: 511

Re: [matttt] Dan Osman [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

awesome pic, i was going to post it here aswell, thx dude.


fearlessclimber


Apr 12, 2007, 10:15 PM
Post #7 of 62 (40478 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 27, 2005
Posts: 474

Re: [miademus] Dan Osman [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

honestly dan osman is my hero, i want to do some sweet jumps like he did, but for now ill stick to skydiving.

I love you dan


danB


May 28, 2007, 4:34 PM
Post #8 of 62 (38411 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 29, 2007
Posts: 5

Re: [miademus] Dan Osman [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

DanOsman was an awsome climber. Until I read this I never knew that he passed away. When did this happen


danB


May 28, 2007, 4:37 PM
Post #9 of 62 (38407 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 29, 2007
Posts: 5

Re: [miademus] Dan Osman [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Dan Osman was one of my favorite climbers, but I did not know that he passed away. When did this happen


Tuwie


May 28, 2007, 5:42 PM
Post #10 of 62 (38346 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 25, 2007
Posts: 45

Re: [danB] Dan Osman [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

danB wrote:
Dan Osman was one of my favorite climbers, but I did not know that he passed away. When did this happen

Um, almost 9 years ago now. November of 1998.


rc_vinay


May 29, 2007, 1:29 AM
Post #11 of 62 (38264 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 8, 2005
Posts: 154

Re: [miademus] Dan Osman [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

its nice you started a project on that great man. but u must also make other people awar of there safety. and awareness about nature conservation.


ovet


May 30, 2007, 1:35 PM
Post #12 of 62 (38116 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 30, 2005
Posts: 27

Re: [miademus] Dan Osman [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

How did he died?

i hear that was from a jump..
others said that he was drawn in a river...

but what really happened?


microbarn


May 30, 2007, 1:39 PM
Post #13 of 62 (38110 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 12, 2004
Posts: 5920

Re: [ovet] Dan Osman [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

ovet wrote:
How did he died?

i hear that was from a jump..
others said that he was drawn in a river...

but what really happened?

first google link had the answer:
http://outside.away.com/...99/9904terminal.html


overlord


May 31, 2007, 12:54 AM
Post #14 of 62 (38045 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 25, 2002
Posts: 14120

Re: [microbarn] Dan Osman [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

microbarn wrote:
ovet wrote:
How did he died?

i hear that was from a jump..
others said that he was drawn in a river...

but what really happened?

first google link had the answer:
http://outside.away.com/...99/9904terminal.html

that was an excellent article. i didnt know he decided to change the angle of the jump and that i would affect the impact force.


bent_gate


May 31, 2007, 1:10 AM
Post #15 of 62 (38039 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 1, 2004
Posts: 2620

Re: [overlord] Dan Osman [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

overlord wrote:
microbarn wrote:
ovet wrote:
How did he died?

i hear that was from a jump..
others said that he was drawn in a river...

but what really happened?

first google link had the answer:
http://outside.away.com/...99/9904terminal.html

that was an excellent article. i didnt know he decided to change the angle of the jump and that i would affect the impact force.

Here's an alternate analysis:

http://adventureguides.com.au/...ilure%20Analysis.pdf

My understanding was that by hastily changing the position of the ropes on the final jump, it allowed the rope to cross and therefore one section sawed through the other.


overlord


May 31, 2007, 1:55 AM
Post #16 of 62 (38027 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 25, 2002
Posts: 14120

Re: [bent_gate] Dan Osman [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

well, that seems more plausible than him causing a greater impact force. crossing ropes in such a situation is clearly a really bad idea.


socalclimber


May 31, 2007, 6:32 AM
Post #17 of 62 (37943 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 27, 2001
Posts: 2432

Re: [ovet] Dan Osman [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

ovet wrote:
How did he died?

i hear that was from a jump..
others said that he was drawn in a river...

but what really happened?

The one that drowned was another Valley legend, Walt Shipley. Drowned in Dinky Creek kayaking.


ovet


May 31, 2007, 1:58 PM
Post #18 of 62 (37869 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 30, 2005
Posts: 27

Re: [socalclimber] Dan Osman [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Ok

SAD answers anyway.....

The article was excellent, anything unexpected... an accident... thats how he decied to live... and die...

As some want to live.... non an ORDINARY life...
just an extraordinary Feeling of being, THE UNKNOWN


jman


May 31, 2007, 2:34 PM
Post #19 of 62 (37830 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 28, 2002
Posts: 438

Re: [ovet] Dan Osman [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Would recommend the book "Fall of the Phantom Lord" for some interesting insight on him.


theirishman


Jun 3, 2007, 1:02 PM
Post #20 of 62 (37653 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 17, 2005
Posts: 169

Re: [jman] Dan Osman [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

at my school in a english class his book is required reading and we have to write a report on him


mgaddie


Jun 5, 2007, 6:40 AM
Post #21 of 62 (37427 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 11, 2004
Posts: 5

Re: [miademus] Dan Osman [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I never got to meet Dano, but I have hung out with some of his friends. He has been inspiring me greatly for about 2 years now. Thanks to him I am climbing harder than ever and even doing a few jumps like he did.

Thanks Dano!!!


spikeddem


Nov 9, 2007, 8:38 PM
Post #22 of 62 (33950 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 27, 2007
Posts: 6319

Re: [mgaddie] Dan Osman [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In the video when he takes the monstrous whipper with 4-5 pieces of pro coming out -- did he set that up? I would imagine he had to have made some bad placements on purpose with a submarine anchor to catch him...right?


sausalito


Nov 9, 2007, 9:03 PM
Post #23 of 62 (33937 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 20, 2005
Posts: 155

Re: [spikeddem] Dan Osman [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

actually I think that he cut the slings on the pieces so they would all rip but I could be wrong. Yeah that whipper is crazy. That is some confidence in your anchor for sure. I could be wrong about how he did it so dont take this as gospel......


desertwanderer81


Nov 12, 2007, 10:35 AM
Post #24 of 62 (33802 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 5, 2007
Posts: 2272

Re: [sausalito] Dan Osman [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sausalito wrote:
actually I think that he cut the slings on the pieces so they would all rip but I could be wrong. Yeah that whipper is crazy. That is some confidence in your anchor for sure. I could be wrong about how he did it so dont take this as gospel......

I get most of the stuff, but why cut the slings? Why not just take one fall on the anchor you want to hold you? Maybe I just haven't had enough gear fail on me to understand, heh.


jgloporto


Jan 11, 2008, 7:57 AM
Post #25 of 62 (65215 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 8, 2006
Posts: 5522

Re: [desertwanderer81] Dan Osman [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

desertwanderer81 wrote:
sausalito wrote:
actually I think that he cut the slings on the pieces so they would all rip but I could be wrong. Yeah that whipper is crazy. That is some confidence in your anchor for sure. I could be wrong about how he did it so dont take this as gospel......

I get most of the stuff, but why cut the slings? Why not just take one fall on the anchor you want to hold you? Maybe I just haven't had enough gear fail on me to understand, heh.

All the pieces in their entirity seemed to pull. I'd guess he either placed all the pieces tipped out or that was a legit zipper.


desertwanderer81


Jan 11, 2008, 8:01 AM
Post #26 of 62 (56797 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 5, 2007
Posts: 2272

Re: [jgloporto] Dan Osman [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

But why?! It is just something I don't get.


knieveltech


Jan 11, 2008, 8:06 AM
Post #27 of 62 (56790 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 1, 2006
Posts: 1431

Re: [desertwanderer81] Dan Osman [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

desertwanderer81 wrote:
But why?! It is just something I don't get.

Considering there was a camera crew waiting there to catch the action and the camera guy didn't miss a second of the fall (which implies to me he was ready for it) it's assumable that the fall was rigged for good theater.


marc801


Jan 11, 2008, 8:15 AM
Post #28 of 62 (56780 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 1, 2005
Posts: 2741

Re: [knieveltech] Dan Osman [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

knieveltech wrote:
desertwanderer81 wrote:
But why?! It is just something I don't get.

Considering there was a camera crew waiting there to catch the action and the camera guy didn't miss a second of the fall (which implies to me he was ready for it) it's assumable that the fall was rigged for good theater.
That's it exactly - it was a fall specifically staged for the video, with the slings intentionally cut 3/4 through to simulate a zipper fall.


dingus


Jan 11, 2008, 8:38 AM
Post #29 of 62 (56750 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 16, 2002
Posts: 17390

Re: [desertwanderer81] Dan Osman [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

desertwanderer81 wrote:
But why?! It is just something I don't get.

We're not supposed to get people like Dano. We just acknowledge that he's of our tribe, and his legend lives on. He's up there in the night sky now, with The Hunter and The Bear. Go out on a clear mountain night when the stars shine so bright you need shade.... if you watch carefully and quietly you'll see him, raising hell with the gods.

I heard he got Atlas to do a rope jump!!!111

Raise up the Glass! (Time for a Steely Dan tune)


Now they lay his body down
Sad old men who run this town
I still recall the way
He led the charge and saved the day
Blue blood and rain
I can hear the bugle playin'

We seen the last of ole Dan Osman
Ring out the past his name lives on (and on)
Roll out the bones and raise up your pitcher
Raise up your glass to Good King gone

While he plummited far and wide
All his loving friends cried
And though we sung his fame
We all missed himj just the same
He meant to shine
To the end of the line

We seen the last of ole Dan Osman
Ring out the past his name lives on (and on)
Roll out the bones and raise up your pitcher
Raise up your glass to Good King gone

Raise up your glasses tonight for Dano. Have a Milktoast on me!

DMT


knieveltech


Jan 11, 2008, 8:44 AM
Post #30 of 62 (56744 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 1, 2006
Posts: 1431

Re: [marc801] Dan Osman [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

marc801 wrote:
knieveltech wrote:
desertwanderer81 wrote:
But why?! It is just something I don't get.

Considering there was a camera crew waiting there to catch the action and the camera guy didn't miss a second of the fall (which implies to me he was ready for it) it's assumable that the fall was rigged for good theater.
That's it exactly - it was a fall specifically staged for the video, with the slings intentionally cut 3/4 through to simulate a zipper fall.

Maybe some of the slings where cut but I've seen that video and you can clearly see at least two cams on the rope while he's falling.


dreday3000


Jan 11, 2008, 8:49 AM
Post #31 of 62 (56740 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 15, 2006
Posts: 566

Re: [jman] Dan Osman [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Seconding "Fall of the Phantom Lord" by Andrew Toddhunter. On of my favorite climbing books.


jgloporto


Jan 11, 2008, 11:20 AM
Post #32 of 62 (56722 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 8, 2006
Posts: 5522

Re: [knieveltech] Dan Osman [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

knieveltech wrote:
marc801 wrote:
knieveltech wrote:
desertwanderer81 wrote:
But why?! It is just something I don't get.

Considering there was a camera crew waiting there to catch the action and the camera guy didn't miss a second of the fall (which implies to me he was ready for it) it's assumable that the fall was rigged for good theater.
That's it exactly - it was a fall specifically staged for the video, with the slings intentionally cut 3/4 through to simulate a zipper fall.

Maybe some of the slings where cut but I've seen that video and you can clearly see at least two cams on the rope while he's falling.

Supporting my tipped out theory.

All I know is that guy was a crazy bastard!

And it's worth bringing up periodic In Memory Of threads even though its been a while.


Adk


Jan 11, 2008, 11:46 AM
Post #33 of 62 (56695 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 2, 2006
Posts: 1084

Re: [jgloporto] Dan Osman [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Agreed!!!

Keep the memory alive!!


floydian99


Jan 24, 2008, 12:04 PM
Post #34 of 62 (56507 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 24, 2008
Posts: 1

Re: [Adk] Dan Osman [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

HE REALLY IS A LEGEND.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSsOrEPyNRU
video: tribute to Dan Osman from Masters of Stone


jmvc


Feb 8, 2008, 6:01 AM
Post #35 of 62 (56116 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 10, 2007
Posts: 647

Re: [floydian99] Dan Osman [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Incredible person..

Great links folks..

RIP Dan




Rommel88


Apr 1, 2008, 9:39 AM
Post #36 of 62 (54287 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 6, 2007
Posts: 9

Re: [floydian99] Dan Osman [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Before I ever climbed, someone showed me the video masters of stone V with the tribute to Dan Osman. At the time I didn't know the story and that the Dan Osman segment was a tribute because he had died. However, it is actually watching that film and specifically that segment that I became interested in rock climbing and took my first trip to a gym to see what it was all about. Even in his death, Dan Osman is still inspiring future generations of climbers. Rest in peace Dan Osman, I'll always remember that you brought me into this sport.


CaptainPolution


Apr 17, 2008, 5:19 PM
Post #37 of 62 (53018 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 10, 2007
Posts: 330

Re: [miademus] Dan Osman [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

does anybody know where I could find copies of his rigging plans? I tried google but no luck...


shanz


May 1, 2008, 1:04 PM
Post #38 of 62 (51864 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 18, 2004
Posts: 702

Re: [CaptainPolution] Dan Osman [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I remember when i first got into climbing the friend who got me hooked, I was so amazed by his climbing. In fact Dan was what inspired myself and my wife to give up our apartment, forget the so called sane life we were living(house job ect) and head out on the road. we had talked about camping out and traveling 2-3 years ago. Then last November we decided to give up everything but yet gain everything. We learned alot. from November to may we just traveled place to place. In November we stayed at Jackson falls for about a month (thought about driving trucks then realized it would conflict with climbing) we met some really good people and had some fun. We did some things which people looked at us like we were nuts and we learned from those things. We moved on ended up in Alabama, Kentucky, North and South Carolina, and Tennessee. We climbed hard and enjoyed many evenings around the fire with people (the guys from WI were way cool) We got to know the locals in many different places. We re-learned how to live life and how precious life is. It was a wonderful time. It was all inspired by Dan Osman, and a friend we met years ago on a very cold spring break named Phillip M. who we shared bbq with whos kindness and love fore life matched that of what i have read about danno-

From the many things i have read Danno loved life and though this trip was inspired by That love for life. Thanks for the inspiration that lead to the last 6 months


(This post was edited by shanz on May 1, 2008, 1:08 PM)


climber_for_life78


Jun 17, 2008, 9:00 PM
Post #39 of 62 (45195 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 11, 2004
Posts: 57

Re: [desertwanderer81] Dan Osman [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

an inspiration to us all
http://youtube.com/watch?v=6P-ZTjdWxPI&feature=related


milesenoell


Jun 18, 2008, 10:13 PM
Post #40 of 62 (44843 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 19, 2006
Posts: 1156

Re: [bent_gate] Dan Osman [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I've read the account by the guy at black diamond who analyzed a section of the rope, and he says that the rope is melted where it broke, consistent with two strands of rope rubbing against each other. Not sure if this happened at a knot or because of two ropes crossing.


Dynosaur13


Aug 22, 2008, 8:52 PM
Post #41 of 62 (25486 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 20, 2008
Posts: 20

Re: [desertwanderer81] Dan Osman [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

desertwanderer81 wrote:
sausalito wrote:
actually I think that he cut the slings on the pieces so they would all rip but I could be wrong. Yeah that whipper is crazy. That is some confidence in your anchor for sure. I could be wrong about how he did it so dont take this as gospel......

I get most of the stuff, but why cut the slings? Why not just take one fall on the anchor you want to hold you? Maybe I just haven't had enough gear fail on me to understand, heh.

i could be wrong but i thought i saw the whole cams come out so in my theory he couldnt have simply cut the slings


NPRsendNdestroy


Oct 18, 2008, 10:42 PM
Post #42 of 62 (9873 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 18, 2008
Posts: 7

Re: [miademus] Dan Osman [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Dan Osman was the ultimate in climbing mentality. He always had a great attitude, he pushed the sport and evolved it. He made me want to climb harder when i first started and still does today. DAN-O your the man!


habitat


Nov 22, 2008, 7:55 AM
Post #43 of 62 (8208 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Feb 22, 2006
Posts: 28

Re: [desertwanderer81] Dan Osman [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

stunt "jumping" was somewhat novel at the time, apparently Suzuki (belayer) cracked his helmet on that one.

I miss Dan0, it's going on 10 years almost today the day iirc. It's a 5.14 send to heaven....keep skipping bolts



desertwanderer81 wrote:
sausalito wrote:
actually I think that he cut the slings on the pieces so they would all rip but I could be wrong. Yeah that whipper is crazy. That is some confidence in your anchor for sure. I could be wrong about how he did it so dont take this as gospel......

I get most of the stuff, but why cut the slings? Why not just take one fall on the anchor you want to hold you? Maybe I just haven't had enough gear fail on me to understand, heh.


Hennessey


Nov 22, 2008, 12:08 PM
Post #44 of 62 (8160 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 2, 2007
Posts: 595

Re: [habitat] Dan Osman [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Dan Osman was an amazing climber. Every time I watch one of his videos, I just say to myself "why did he have to die." Ya just wonder what kind of crazy shit he would be doing if he was still alive


swam


Nov 23, 2008, 1:40 PM
Post #45 of 62 (8117 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 16, 2006
Posts: 10

Re: [habitat] Dan Osman [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

yes today 10 years
many why's
when loved ones climb to infinity

two links of jumps and webbings



http://fr.youtube.com/...&feature=related


http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=TlkrjRPUozg


just thank you Dan


KeitaroHoshi


Aug 25, 2010, 12:43 PM
Post #46 of 62 (6315 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 6, 2010
Posts: 171

Re: [swam] Dan Osman [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Dan Osmond was the best climber ever.

He passed away when his rope broke. He Jumped once, jugged to the top, and jumped for the last time. If I remember correctly the rope broke at the knot.

Info from climbing mag. back issue


johnwesely


Aug 25, 2010, 2:15 PM
Post #47 of 62 (6256 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 12, 2006
Posts: 5343

Re: [KeitaroHoshi] Dan Osman [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

KeitaroHoshi wrote:
Dan Osmond was the best climber ever.

He passed away when his rope broke. He Jumped once, jugged to the top, and jumped for the last time. If I remember correctly the rope broke at the knot.

Info from climbing mag. back issue

We have a climbing historian right here.


dreday3000


Aug 25, 2010, 2:18 PM
Post #48 of 62 (6251 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 15, 2006
Posts: 566

Re: [KeitaroHoshi] Dan Osman [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Anybody notice that Eric Pearlman Productions has taken all the clips off of youtube?

I'm all for intellectual property rights but seems to me a true friend would let Dano's memory live on by allowing the clips to say on youtube.

At this point it seems like Pearlman is trying to squeeze every last drop out of his Dano's accomplishments.

I vote douchebag.


Partner oldsalt


Aug 25, 2010, 4:00 PM
Post #50 of 62 (6540 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 19, 2004
Posts: 919

Re: [jbone] Dan Osman [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Before you go all judgmental here, check out the following comment by his daughter, Emma.

Searches will reveal quite a bit about her and by her.

Each person lives his or her own life according a set of unique situations and values. That's what freedom is all about.

http://www.getoutdoors.com/...ering-Dan-Osman.html


theguy


Aug 25, 2010, 9:13 PM
Post #53 of 62 (3670 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 13, 2004
Posts: 461

Re: [skiclimb] Dan Osman [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

skiclimb, not sure why you bother.

Jbone has evidently wandered onto rc.com by mistake; he actually meant to be on parents.com with people he respects.

Which would explain why he/she isn't familiar with the forum posting guidelines:
"A Forum where we honor and pay tribute to our fellow climbers, friends, partners and heroes that have passed away."

But that's ok, his/her post will be removed soon and further sanctions may follow since "this forum will be strictly moderated."


KeitaroHoshi


Aug 25, 2010, 10:59 PM
Post #54 of 62 (3652 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 6, 2010
Posts: 171

Re: [theguy] Dan Osman [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

 Leave Jbone alone. He dosn't have to respect an irrational adrenlan craving. I don't like rope jumping either. I do think that Mr. Osmond was an exceptionaly talented and gifted climber.

I wrote this prayer to the Holly spirit asking for a blessing I pray and wish that the world would stop falling around us. I ask you to guide us into making rational decisions. Dan is not the only fallen hero there is nothing more tragic than watching flashing lights zoom past. After that you find out another Hero has fallen. Or a Family member has passed.
These are our leaders. With fallen heros we loose our leaders. We are our leaders streangth. Without our leaders we are nothing but week scampering chipmunks. I ask you to give us guidence to make the right decisions because even when we don't feel like we need to be there for our selfs. There will always be some fragile living creature following our lead and starving for our guidence. So please keep us strong do not allow us to turn aginst our friends. Allow us to grow with the fruit of happiness. Also allow us to remember that even though we can not be with our leaders that we can carry there influences
and that we have learned what we could have from them. Also that it is our duty to carry there soul with us. Help us lead others to safty by our actions. We need water to live the same water that falls from the heavens let us be blessed with holywater. Allow our choices to be made with holy wisdom. This is my vision.


(This post was edited by KeitaroHoshi on Aug 26, 2010, 12:07 AM)


Partner j_ung


Aug 26, 2010, 4:50 AM
Post #55 of 62 (3616 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 21, 2003
Posts: 18687

Re: [KeitaroHoshi] Dan Osman [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

KeitaroHoshi wrote:
Leave Jbone alone. He dosn't have to respect an irrational adrenlan craving. I don't like rope jumping either. I do think that Mr. Osmond was an exceptionaly talented and gifted climber.

I wrote this prayer to the Holly spirit asking for a blessing I pray and wish that the world would stop falling around us. I ask you to guide us into making rational decisions. Dan is not the only fallen hero there is nothing more tragic than watching flashing lights zoom past. After that you find out another Hero has fallen. Or a Family member has passed.
These are our leaders. With fallen heros we loose our leaders. We are our leaders streangth. Without our leaders we are nothing but week scampering chipmunks. I ask you to give us guidence to make the right decisions because even when we don't feel like we need to be there for our selfs. There will always be some fragile living creature following our lead and starving for our guidence. So please keep us strong do not allow us to turn aginst our friends. Allow us to grow with the fruit of happiness. Also allow us to remember that even though we can not be with our leaders that we can carry there influences
and that we have learned what we could have from them. Also that it is our duty to carry there soul with us. Help us lead others to safty by our actions. We need water to live the same water that falls from the heavens let us be blessed with holywater. Allow our choices to be made with holy wisdom. This is my vision.

Did the Holly spirit respond with, "WTF?" Tongue


johnwesely


Aug 26, 2010, 6:02 AM
Post #56 of 62 (3601 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 12, 2006
Posts: 5343

Re: [j_ung] Dan Osman [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

j_ung wrote:
KeitaroHoshi wrote:
Leave Jbone alone. He dosn't have to respect an irrational adrenlan craving. I don't like rope jumping either. I do think that Mr. Osmond was an exceptionaly talented and gifted climber.

I wrote this prayer to the Holly spirit asking for a blessing I pray and wish that the world would stop falling around us. I ask you to guide us into making rational decisions. Dan is not the only fallen hero there is nothing more tragic than watching flashing lights zoom past. After that you find out another Hero has fallen. Or a Family member has passed.
These are our leaders. With fallen heros we loose our leaders. We are our leaders streangth. Without our leaders we are nothing but week scampering chipmunks. I ask you to give us guidence to make the right decisions because even when we don't feel like we need to be there for our selfs. There will always be some fragile living creature following our lead and starving for our guidence. So please keep us strong do not allow us to turn aginst our friends. Allow us to grow with the fruit of happiness. Also allow us to remember that even though we can not be with our leaders that we can carry there influences
and that we have learned what we could have from them. Also that it is our duty to carry there soul with us. Help us lead others to safty by our actions. We need water to live the same water that falls from the heavens let us be blessed with holywater. Allow our choices to be made with holy wisdom. This is my vision.

Did the Holly spirit respond with, "WTF?" Tongue

This guy is not the troll that this website deserves, but he is the troll this website needs.


spikeddem


Aug 26, 2010, 12:05 PM
Post #57 of 62 (3545 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 27, 2007
Posts: 6319

Re: [johnwesely] Dan Osman [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

johnwesely wrote:
j_ung wrote:
KeitaroHoshi wrote:
Leave Jbone alone. He dosn't have to respect an irrational adrenlan craving. I don't like rope jumping either. I do think that Mr. Osmond was an exceptionaly talented and gifted climber.

I wrote this prayer to the Holly spirit asking for a blessing I pray and wish that the world would stop falling around us. I ask you to guide us into making rational decisions. Dan is not the only fallen hero there is nothing more tragic than watching flashing lights zoom past. After that you find out another Hero has fallen. Or a Family member has passed.
These are our leaders. With fallen heros we loose our leaders. We are our leaders streangth. Without our leaders we are nothing but week scampering chipmunks. I ask you to give us guidence to make the right decisions because even when we don't feel like we need to be there for our selfs. There will always be some fragile living creature following our lead and starving for our guidence. So please keep us strong do not allow us to turn aginst our friends. Allow us to grow with the fruit of happiness. Also allow us to remember that even though we can not be with our leaders that we can carry there influences
and that we have learned what we could have from them. Also that it is our duty to carry there soul with us. Help us lead others to safty by our actions. We need water to live the same water that falls from the heavens let us be blessed with holywater. Allow our choices to be made with holy wisdom. This is my vision.

Did the Holly spirit respond with, "WTF?" Tongue

This guy is not the troll that this website deserves, but he is the troll this website needs.

PERFECT


wonderwoman


Aug 26, 2010, 1:55 PM
Post #58 of 62 (3498 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 14, 2002
Posts: 4269

Re: [theguy] Dan Osman [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

theguy wrote:
skiclimb, not sure why you bother.

Jbone has evidently wandered onto rc.com by mistake; he actually meant to be on parents.com with people he respects.

Which would explain why he/she isn't familiar with the forum posting guidelines:
"A Forum where we honor and pay tribute to our fellow climbers, friends, partners and heroes that have passed away."

But that's ok, his/her post will be removed soon and further sanctions may follow since "this forum will be strictly moderated."

^^^^^

Please see what is bolded above, folks. A few posts have been hidden in this thread.


Partner philbox
Moderator

Aug 26, 2010, 6:07 PM
Post #59 of 62 (3448 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 26, 2002
Posts: 13104

Re: [wonderwoman] Dan Osman [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ Wot she said.

The mods do trawl around the forums. Some are lightly or not moderated at all but this forum and a couple of others are watched over and we will remove posts we deem are not on topic or as this forums case may be, not respectful.

We are not about over moderation here on rc but this forum in particular is somewhere where you should be very civil and respectful. Play nice in the sandpit mkay.

Carry on.


swam


Nov 23, 2010, 10:47 PM
Post #60 of 62 (3132 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 16, 2006
Posts: 10

Re: [dreday3000] Dan Osman [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dreday3000 wrote:
Anybody notice that Eric Pearlman Productions has taken all the clips off of youtube?

I'm all for intellectual property rights but seems to me a true friend would let Dano's memory live on by allowing the clips to say on youtube.

At this point it seems like Pearlman is trying to squeeze every last drop out of his Dano's accomplishments.

I vote douchebag.


Yes, maybe a rough interested friendship, saving Dan's accomplishments, sparing memory.

12 years gone ...

Merci Dan


scottek67


Nov 23, 2010, 11:25 PM
Post #61 of 62 (3115 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 6, 2008
Posts: 515

Re: [swam] Dan Osman [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

http://fliiby.com/...4286/k5bmml5ont.html


Forums : Climbing Information : In Memory Of

 


Search for (options)

Log In:

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$62.55 (10% off)
$35.96 (10% off)
$107.06 (10% off)
$8.96 (10% off)



Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook