RSS FeedRSS Feeds for International

Premier Sponsor:

fcorl

Jun 6, 2005, 5:20 PM
Post #1 of 4 (5831 views)
Shortcut

Bouldering in Sweden
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Is anyone here a well-informed boulderer from Sweden? We are looking in to a long bouldering trip to Sweden in August and have heard about great bouldering on granite. From what I have heard, it is world class and August has 24 hours of sunlight? Any info? We would like to meet and climb with the local boulderers. PM me if you would rather talk off of the forum.

Thanks, Frank

lestef

Jun 6, 2005, 6:04 PM
Post #2 of 4 (5831 views)
Shortcut

Re: Bouldering in Sweden [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Nice to hear people stopping by in Sweden... There are bouldering areas pretty much everywhere but the places to check out are:
- Kjuge http://www.kjuge.nu
- Bouldering around Gothenburg (swedish west coast) is pretty amazing, difficult to find a topo though.
- Uppsala (about 80 km north of stockholm) has lots of great bouldering with a recently published topo. I would say those are the BEST places but I haven't been everywhere so I really can't speak for all places. Depends where you want to go. In the swedish mountains (far north) you'll find bouldering beneath the midnight sun but maybe not quite in august, although the nights will still be light by then.

fcorl

Jun 6, 2005, 6:58 PM
Post #3 of 4 (5831 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lestef,

Thanks for the quick reply. It all sounds good. I think I have seen some photos of climbing on Sweden's coast. It looks a lot like the Granite on Dover Island in Nova Scotia, Canada, right? Well... we are in the beginning stages of planning our trip and it would be great to have contacts in Sweden to meet up with and get tours of some good areas. I can PM some contact info to you if that's ok?

The shots in the "www.kjuge.nu" gallery look great. That's about all I could get from the site since I don't speak Swedish

Frank

lestef

Jun 6, 2005, 8:00 PM
Post #4 of 4 (5831 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I don't drop by here often but chance had it I did so today...
Kjuge: In my opinion didn't quite live up to the hype. 1000+ problems but the really classy lines drown in a barrage of variants and eliminates. Still great climbing though, beutiful surroundings and easily a couple weeks climbings worth.
Gothenburg - Amazing bouldering by the water, several different areas. Check out http://www.jug.nu for a gallery and a forum where you can get in touch with locals.
Stockholm/Uppsala: Lots of different areas (particularly in Uppsala) within ~100 km radius. Bouldering has really taken off in the last year or two and new areas pop up all the time. Superb granite and many areas with 100-400 problems. You can find a bunch of movies and pictures from uppsala and other places around sweden on http://www.tielma.com (which is available in english) although the best areas are poory documented on the internet due to their recent development...

Forums : Climbing Partners : International

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook