RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Access Issues & Closures

Premier Sponsor:

unabonger

Oct 19, 2005, 9:01 PM
Post #1 of 2 (1903 views)
Shortcut

More Development at the New River Gorge
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

550 homes, 900+ acres. Bridgeview Estates. Property recently annexed by the town of Fayetteville. Soon to be rezoned. Across from Bubba.

See my news item at on it at http://www.wirednut.com for details and links. NPS Superintendent Hite posted a package with alarming photos of the viewshed impact.

http://www.wirednut.com/assets/images/map2.jpg

unabonger

Oct 21, 2005, 4:29 PM
Post #2 of 2 (1903 views)
Shortcut

Re: More Development at the New River Gorge [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I know everyone is concerned about this, so let's see some comments and support, and proof that you've alerted your friends. You can download Supt. Hites letter, and use his quotes in your letters to the Planning commission, mayor, and developer.

People! Think! Someone announces a gathering and you get 900 people responding that they'll be there to drink, get schwag, drink, and maybe even climb. Keep your corporate events and clinics and comps! You corporate sponsors step up! Maybe you can purchase rights!

The Gorge is about to change forever. If you agree or disagree, speak now.

Economic development and natural resource perservation are not mutually exclusive! Here are the players: If you want Hite's letter, I'm making you visit my site :)

Mayor Jim Akers
Fayetteville City Hall
Fayetteville, WV 25840
304-574-0101

Anthony Salvatore
Planning Commission Chair
Fayetteville City Hall
Fayetteville, WV 25840

Gary Driggs, Developer
RR 3 Box 68BB
Fayetteville, WV 25840
304-574-1802

Despite the local address, Driggs is an Arizonian. Claims to be a climber. Some people are dubious regarding this claim.

DRIGGS, I'M CALLING YOU OUT! If you are a climber, one of your partners will see this and call you. Tell us your plans. How do you respond to Sup. Hite's concerns? Will you build homes in the viewshed?

UB

Forums : Climbing Information : Access Issues & Closures

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook