RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Competition Climbing

Premier Sponsor:

lvclimbingbum

Jan 15, 2006, 9:27 PM
Post #1 of 1 (1353 views)
Shortcut

Rock Fight One Comp Report
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

It was a great comp! There were many good climbers there, and we all had a good time. I don't really know the order for anything below the open category, but I know a few. There were no age categories except for 12 and under. Everything else was any age.

My friend Julie placed third in the woman's beginning category. I placed first in men's intermediate, and won a mad rock madpad. My other friend Robby placed 2nd in men's advanced and one a hangboard. Next was open.

At the open comp, we had well know climbers such as Brandy, Natasha Barnes, Porshe Menlove, Molly, Sierra, Chris Lindner, Ethan Pringle, and Steven (I dunno if that's how u spell his name.)

The women's problems consisted of a slopey highball problem that involved a kind of jump start. They started stemming with their back to the wall and then jumped to a stalactite. Brandy, Porshe, and Natasha got that problem. Next was a balancey, technical vert problem that noone got.
After that was a tricky power problem on an overhang, and ended with a 6-7 foot dyno to a stearing wheel (a real steering wheel bolted onto the wall!). Last was a problem composed of all technik holds that ended on a jug. Nobody was able to get either. Brandy took first, Porshe second, Natasha third, Sierra fourth, and Molly fith. 1rst, 2nd, and 3rd places took home $1000, $500, and $250.

The men's problems were in the same areas, but were either variations, or completely different. The first was the same sloper problem, but with 2 holds taken out. There was the same start, but to two different slopers, kind of like hugging a tree. Steven was almost able to get it, but the only contestants able to were Ethan and Chris, who both onsighted it. the next problem was on the vert wall and was rated about V10. It involved very tricky footwork, and ended up about 30 feet above the floor. Joe Smith was almost able to get to the mantle, as were many others, but had trouble getting to the hold. Ethan made the mantle, and was almost able to hit the tape, but then got into the wrong sequence and fell.

The third problem started in a little cave and involved toehooking your feet on a sloper while your hands were still in the cave (like if you ever hung on a tree branch and tried to stay completely vertical upsidedown). Then you had to had foot match and go up to a crimp, and then go to two identical holds, shaped like a snake and very positive, but facing vertical longways. Then was the powerful move, the same dyno to the steering wheel from the women's problem, but with another foot added. Only Chris Lindner was able to get it, and jumped down with a "Whoop!" and a crazy spin.

Last was a So Ill problem with almost no feet the whole way. Steven got it, and then Ethan, but Chris was pumped and knew he would win anyways. Chris took first, than Ethan, then Steven. I don't really know anything after that. I believe Joe took 7th or 8th. Great comp, great problems, and great people!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

peace out,
george

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Competition Climbing

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook