RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - South

Premier Sponsor:

trad9759

Jan 19, 2006, 4:17 PM
Post #1 of 9 (1594 views)
Shortcut

Looking for partner Piedmont NC
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Looking for a trad partner in the piedmont area of NC, I live near Lake Norman. I have climbed for many years, very familiar with most areas of NC, and have a decent rack. I like to climb easy to moderate trad 5.4 to 5.8, lead or follow, not really interested in doing the hard stuff anymore, I climb for fun not glory. Available for climbing most weekend days.

Mason609

Jul 8, 2007, 2:38 PM
Post #2 of 9 (1022 views)
Shortcut

Re: [trad9759] Looking for partner Piedmont NC [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Trad9759,

I'm looking for a climbing partner too. I live in Chapel Hill and am available on most weekends. It's been about five years since I've climbed but that's because I weighed around 230 pounds for a little while there. [Ahem] - So, I'm in good shape now (for good) and really want to get back out there. I was in the learning stages when I stopped climbing - I stopped for reasons now beyond me - I love the sport. Let me know if you're interested in climbing sometime and helping this kid get back out there.

Thanks,
Jesse

chouinard16

Jul 8, 2007, 4:55 PM
Post #3 of 9 (1021 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hello, my boyfriend and I would love to do Stone Mountain again. Have you ever climbed there? We do not have a rack though. His cams and everything were stolen years ago so we have been toproping accept when we catch up with other people. He has a set of nuts, somequickdraws, webbing, belay devices, etc. Just don't have a dynamic line or cams. Holla back if you're intirested in Stone Mtn or Pilot Mtn. We go to Pilot every weekend.

rsmillbern

Jul 10, 2007, 12:43 PM
Post #4 of 9 (1005 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chouinard16] Looking for partner Piedmont NC [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Umm.. Ah, you might want to wait for cooler weather for Stone, not that I do usually, but Stone can be miserable in the summer. If you do go bring lots of water and start early. I love Stone. I might be interested in heading there next weekend if it is not too too hot.

I plan on being at Pilot this Sat and Pilot or Moore's Sun if you are arround.

scoTt

chouinard16

Jul 11, 2007, 12:40 AM
Post #5 of 9 (987 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rsmillbern] Looking for partner Piedmont NC [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yeah either Sat or Sun we'll be at Pilot for sure. Wich ever day is nicer. Or wich ever day he isn't working. He runs a mobile rock climbing wall, so he may have an event this weekend. I never know until the last minute, but I love the spontaneousness of my life.

rsmillbern

Jul 11, 2007, 4:12 AM
Post #6 of 9 (983 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

gdeel, I will be there Sat for sure with a black and white dog and probably a small group. Give me a holler if you are there.

scoTt

trad9759

Jul 11, 2007, 7:31 PM
Post #7 of 9 (968 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Mason609 send me a PM and we'll see about setting something up. Chouinard16, rsmillbern is correct Stone Mountain in the summer is not a good place, if it is a sunny day it will be unbearable. If you are interested in Stone when it gets cooler let me know. The Great Arch and No Alternative are two of the best modearates in the state. This time of year Moore's and Linville are the best bets.
Jeff

poormofo

Jul 12, 2007, 8:18 PM
Post #8 of 9 (954 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

going to be in Huntersville starting on the 21st for a couple weeks. Lead trad up to 10's but enjoy it all. Will lead or follow. I'm almost never on rc.com but give a call or email if you'd want to get out.

Reid Olmstead
Paradox Sports
reid@paradoxsports.org
315-521-2941

Mason609

Aug 2, 2007, 3:24 PM
Post #9 of 9 (868 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey there - will y'all be at Pilot this weekend? I'd love to join you if you will. I need to get some practice in. I have some gear, like a harness beaners, ATC . . . I'm a beginner- don't have the big rope yet. Hope to see you out there!

Jesse

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - South

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook