RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Trip Reports

Premier Sponsor:

sid_rock

Jun 24, 2006, 9:27 PM
Post #1 of 3 (1060 views)
Shortcut

Trip to Ireland -- need suggestions!
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'm going to be in Ireland briefly -- August 20 thru 25 -- and I'm looking for advise on what should be on my itinerary. I will definitely spend one day in Dublin, and I'll definitely visit the Cliffs of Moher. Other than that, I'm not sure where else I should visit. I'm hoping someone can give me guidance on this matter.

In particular, I'm looking for some place that confirms with my vision of Ireland: a wind-swept, grassy cliff overlooking rough seas, with an old stone house near the top, gray skies and a gentle drizzle, with sheep grazing in the background. Who knows... maybe this was CGI generated in some movie, maybe this place really exists -- but let me know!

tboo

Aug 23, 2006, 2:06 AM
Post #2 of 3 (1060 views)
Shortcut

Re: Trip to Ireland -- need suggestions! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

hey,you need to get yourself to the west coast & a place called the Burren (famous spot)then maybe clare island with loads of unclimbed rock there(make a name for yourself)or perhaps along connor pass,near dingle in the south.Good luck with the weather though mate. :shock:

cragmasterp

Aug 23, 2006, 2:51 AM
Post #3 of 3 (1060 views)
Shortcut

Re: Trip to Ireland -- need suggestions! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

The place you described does exist, and you will find it on your trip many times (though not in Dublin).
Head west to the coast, and check out the town of Doolin for great local music and a ferry ride to the Aran islands, which are solid rock. great rock all around the burren, in Co. claire (and surf too). I am sure the locals would give you even better beta.
slainte

Forums : Climbing Information : Trip Reports

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook