RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Bouldering

Premier Sponsor:

hugin

Jun 26, 2006, 9:02 PM
Post #1 of 2 (505 views)
Shortcut

Boulder CO for a few weeks
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'm going to be home in Boulder for a few weeks, and I'd like to get my climb on. I primarily boulder right now, and my old climbing in the area was mostly roped, so I'm pretty ignorant of the bouldering around.

So, keeping in mind that I'm currently at a low grade (up to V2, if I'm working hard), tell me the following:

1. Where should I go? I'm staying in Longmont, so I'm easily accessible to everything from Chautauqua to climbing south of Ft Fun. I'm planning on some trips to the Satellite Boulders and Carter Lake right now ... IIRC, Flagstaff tends to be a bit over my head in difficulty. What are your favorite areas?

2. Wanna let me tag along some day? I'll probably just have my shoes and chalk (no room in the car for my pad), but I'm thinking about buying a pad when I get out there to leave at my mom's, since I'm in town pretty regularly.

timhinck

Jun 27, 2006, 7:18 AM
Post #2 of 2 (505 views)
Shortcut

Re: Boulder CO for a few weeks [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

if you seriously don't have beta on bouldering around Boulder, i'd say you're in luck because it's gotta be one of the most rock-covered places in the world. this website has info on most of the good older bouldering around Boulder. also there are TONS of websites about the bouldering in front range. ... frontrangebouldering.com, coloradoclimbs.com, etc. plus the big colorado bouldering guidebook has all the info you need.

But I'd say that your best bet is to stop by TheSpot bouldering gym and talk to anyone there to get the lowdown on all the new areas.

-tim

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Bouldering

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook