RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Bouldering

Premier Sponsor:

calii22

Nov 16, 2006, 8:42 PM
Post #1 of 7 (657 views)
Shortcut

Cottonwood canyon
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Does anyone know if its snow covered at the cabbage patch boulders or the secret garden in little cotton wood canyon. Any help wood be awesome thanks.

adklimber

Nov 16, 2006, 8:44 PM
Post #2 of 7 (654 views)
Shortcut

Re: [calii22] Cottonwood canyon [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snow, yes - sun, no

I could think of a better forum to ask that for LCC conditions

Partner sevrdhed

Nov 16, 2006, 8:53 PM
Post #3 of 7 (649 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

When are you coming, and for how long? If it's an extended stay, bring your ski's. Snow's in, and it's not going away.

Secret Garden may still be good, especially after some good sun and a little brushing on the top. I haven't been up since the snow due to time constraints, although I'll go up tomorrow just to check it out.

You will be landing in snow though, so bring something to put under your pad or count on it getting snowy and wet and muddy.

Oh, and, BTW.... be prepared for it to be super-ass cold. If you have a portable heater, I've had good success with using those to not freeze to death.

Good luck! PM me if you have any more questions.

calii22

Nov 18, 2006, 11:52 PM
Post #4 of 7 (603 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sevrdhed] Cottonwood canyon [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sweet thanks for the reply i heard it will be good this comeing week except for some mud and maybe a little snow. Did you get chance to go up and see for yourself? also would you happento know if there is anywhere up there to camp this late in the season or maybe some cheap hotels not to far away im in a two wheel drive so the hotels wll have to be lowere elevation rather than higher.
Thanks again for your responce

marc801

Nov 19, 2006, 1:41 AM
Post #5 of 7 (589 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

There's no legal camping anywhere in LCC at this time of year. Cars parked on the side of the road overnight will likely be towed (or run over by snowplows). Snow level is down to within a mile of the mouth of the canyon. Not much - couple of inches - and there's a warm-up coming Sun-Tue, but another storm predicted for Thurs-Fri.
Looks like a bunch of folks were out today on my return trip from Alta. But we're reaching the point where Moab is a better bet.

Partner sevrdhed

Nov 20, 2006, 1:49 PM
Post #6 of 7 (548 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I did make it up a couple of times this week (finally.) This upcoming week will be great. It's warmed up a bit, so there's LOTS of good stuff high on the north side that's dry. Looks like it should rain thursday possibly, and then be cold but dry for a while again. Either way, you'll be getting some really good climbing in for a couple of days at least.

Basically, just stick to the north side, and you'll be just fine. PM me when you get in town, and I might be able to come and boulder with you.

As for a place to stay, I'm not really sure what options you'd have. If I still lived on my own I'd offer you a couch to sleep on, but I live with my girlfriend now so that's out.

calii22

Nov 20, 2006, 3:09 PM
Post #7 of 7 (530 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sevrdhed] Cottonwood canyon [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sweeeet, i am leaveing in just a hour or so finally ha. Thanks for all the help. I wont be able to get on my computer once im there but if you want ill be at the cabbage patch and the secret garden most of the time starting tomarrow after noon. Im sure I could use the company and it would be fun to climb with a parner to.
Thanks again

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Bouldering

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook