RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Euro Freaks

Premier Sponsor:

JAW68

Jul 2, 2008, 10:03 PM
Post #1 of 5 (3966 views)
Shortcut

Pension in Sardinia?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I am trying to plan a climbing trip to Sardinia in Oct and would love some recommendations for a relatively inexpensive place to stay for a 1-2 weeks. Anyone have any first hand experience/suggestions? Thanks!
J

theguy

Jul 2, 2008, 10:28 PM
Post #2 of 5 (3954 views)
Shortcut

Re: [JAW68] Pension in Sardinia? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Where you climbing? Most likely place is east coast near Cala Gonone, though there is granite bouldering further north and tall limestone cliffs on northwest coast.

I'm not aware off-hand of single-person pensions in Cala Gonone since we were a large group; just head to the tourist office (before noon, since they're closed for the afternoon that late in season) and the folks there can be very helpful. In general, it's pretty dang cheap since it's off season.

You could try asking in the Eurofreaks forum as well, a number of them have climbed (and stayed) in Sardinia)

Have fun, I was there last October, was great climbing weather, though not as warm and sunny as some had hoped for sunbathing and swimming.

JAW68

Jul 3, 2008, 1:26 AM
Post #3 of 5 (3939 views)
Shortcut

Re: [theguy] Pension in Sardinia? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks for the advice about the EuroFreaks - I'll post in there too. Just to clarify, I am going with another 2-4 people and we'll probably be sport climbing in the SE. I am thinking of bringing a tent. Have you camped there?

twan

Jul 3, 2008, 1:44 AM
Post #4 of 5 (3935 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

A couple of friends and I went last May for a little over a week and it was great. We rented a car and camped with no problems. I highly recommend Cala Luna which you can get to by boat from Cala Ganone, makes for some great beach camping/climbing. If you want an actual place to stay I bet you can snag a cheap off season something.

JAB

Jul 3, 2008, 2:08 PM
Post #5 of 5 (3906 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Check out http://www.peteranne.it. It's a B&B run by an english climber. He can probably answer all your questions.

Forums : International : Euro Freaks

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook