Premier Sponsor:

Partner rrrADAM

Jul 17, 2008, 11:43 AM
Post #1 of 16 (1300 views)
Shortcut

'Rampage' goes on a rampage...
Report this Post
Can't Post

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson, shown in a booking photo, was arrested after allegedly crashing into several cars, roaring over a center divider and driving on a sidewalk, causing pedestrians to flee his truck's path.

The Orange County Register wrote:
Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Booking photo of Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson released
Authorities said the UFC brawler crashed his truck into at least 3 vehicles in Costa Mesa; police chased him to Newport.
By CINDY CARCAMO and JEFF OVERLEY

COSTA MESA - Ultimate Fighting Championship brawler Quinton "Rampage" Jackson was arrested Tuesday after authorities say he plowed a pickup into several vehicles, crashed across a center divider and roared onto a sidewalk.

Police said the incident began about 1:30 p.m. when Jackson, an Irvine resident, crashed his truck into two cars near where the 55 freeway ends at 19th Street.

Over the course of the next couple of minutes, Jackson crashed again near 17th, swerved over a center divider and back again, and "at one point he went up on the sidewalk, causing pedestrians to dash out of the way," said Costa Mesa police Lt. Paul Dondero.

A motorcycle officer chased his car until Jackson stopped on the Balboa Peninsula, where he was arrested. By then, one of his tires had blown out and he was driving on a rim.

Jackson, 30, was booked at the Costa Mesa Jail on suspicion of hit-and-run driving, felony evading and reckless driving. Nobody was injured, Dondero said, adding that it doesn't appear alcohol played a role in the incident.

The raised truck Jackson was driving had a large image of the fighter along one side, arousing incredulity from an anonymous commenter on Jackson's MySpace page.

"Did you think you were going to get away with a giant picture of you on the truck?" the commenter asked.

Known for wearing a thick chain around his neck before fights, Jackson was the UFC light-heavyweight champion until losing a high-profile bout earlier this month.

In his younger days, Jackson reveled in the late-night scene and recorded a few foul-mouthed rap tunes, but several years ago became a born-again Christian. His legal record in Orange County includes a few traffic tickets but no serious offenses.

UFC spokeswoman Jennifer Wenk said the organization has no comment.
http://www.ocregister.com/...4781-driving-crashed

I've always said he has no class... And while Forrest was training for the fight, Quinton took him lightly and went around telling people how much of a "thug" he is.

Dana should set a Wandi vs Quinton III, so Wandi can knock him out for a 3rd time.

Loser!

(This post was edited by rrrADAM on Jul 17, 2008, 11:58 AM)

Mrs_Zeke

Jul 17, 2008, 1:51 PM
Post #2 of 16 (1268 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rrrADAM] 'Rampage' goes on a rampage... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

The whole "thug" thing is largely an image that was played up when he fought for Pride; it's meant to be intimidating, which is part of the psychological game of MMA, whether you like that particular aspect or not. And of course it doesn't necessarily do anything- obviously Forrest is a goofball, not particularly intimidating in the abstract but he kicked this guys ass! I'm not defending what Rampage did here, it was dangerous and stupid, but I do enjoy watching him fight.

notapplicable

Jul 17, 2008, 2:16 PM
Post #3 of 16 (1251 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Man that asphalt has got to be nice and toasty at 1:30 in the afternoon!

rrrADAM wrote:
I've always said he has no class...

Hmmm, sounds like we may have us a Liddell fan here...Tongue

Partner rrrADAM

Jul 17, 2008, 2:33 PM
Post #4 of 16 (1244 views)
Shortcut

Re: [notapplicable] 'Rampage' goes on a rampage... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
rrrADAM wrote:

He has class, but I'm not really a 'Chuck Fan'.

I dislike Quinto for the same reason I dislike Tito. No class and poor sports when they loose.

Mrs_Zeke

Jul 17, 2008, 2:41 PM
Post #5 of 16 (1236 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

rrrADAM wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
rrrADAM wrote:

I dislike Quinto for the same reason I dislike Tito. No class and poor sports when they loose.

Rampage can be an ass (though I think it is at least partially for show...), but when he lost to Forrest he made no excuses and straight up said that Forrest kicked his ass and deserved to win.

notapplicable

Jul 17, 2008, 5:18 PM
Post #6 of 16 (1211 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Mrs_Zeke] 'Rampage' goes on a rampage... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Mrs_Zeke wrote:
rrrADAM wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
rrrADAM wrote:

Rampage can be an ass (though I think it is at least partially for show...), but when he lost to Forrest he made no excuses and straight up said that Forrest kicked his ass and deserved to win.

Missed that fight, would have liked to see it though. Kinda surprised that Forrest won by KO though, hes never really showed a great deal of power in his hands. A slugger for sure but not real heavy handed. I'll have to check it out sometime.

Mrs_Zeke

Jul 17, 2008, 5:19 PM
Post #7 of 16 (1206 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
Mrs_Zeke wrote:
rrrADAM wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
rrrADAM wrote:

Missed that fight, would have liked to see it though. Kinda surprised that Forrest won by KO though, hes never really showed a great deal of power in his hands. A slugger for sure but not real heavy handed. I'll have to check it out sometime.

Um, it was a decision, not a KO.

notapplicable

Jul 17, 2008, 5:23 PM
Post #8 of 16 (1203 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

rrrADAM wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
rrrADAM wrote:

I've only ever seen one Rampage fight so I can't comment there but yeah, Tito is a punk and a boring fighter to watch. Possibly the most unentertaining but effective "ground and pound" in MMA.

getout87

Jul 17, 2008, 5:26 PM
Post #9 of 16 (1199 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
rrrADAM wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
rrrADAM wrote:

I've only ever seen one Rampage fight so I can't comment there but yeah, Tito is a punk and a boring fighter to watch. Possibly the most unentertaining but effective "ground and pound" in MMA.

Yah, i hate watching tito fight. Big meathead sumofabitch. I do like rampage, and it sucks that he went on a rampage. I'm sad/glad that i didn't see the griffin fight though, i wanted rampage to win since his team did so bad in the show, and forrest is just a goofy bastard. Well i like that too, so i guess its cool.

my favorite fighter to watch is anderson silva though. he is amazing.

notapplicable

Jul 17, 2008, 5:43 PM
Post #10 of 16 (1194 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Mrs_Zeke wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Mrs_Zeke wrote:
rrrADAM wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
rrrADAM wrote:

Oh, from "kicked his ass" I assumed KO. Decision makes more sense given the fighters.

Thanks.

notapplicable

Jul 17, 2008, 5:46 PM
Post #11 of 16 (1191 views)
Shortcut

Re: [getout87] 'Rampage' goes on a rampage... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

getout87 wrote:
my favorite fighter to watch is anderson silva though. he is amazing.

A real master of his discipline. The way he picks a fighter apart is a work of art for sure...poetry in motion.

Mrs_Zeke

Jul 17, 2008, 6:22 PM
Post #12 of 16 (1178 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
Mrs_Zeke wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Mrs_Zeke wrote:
rrrADAM wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
rrrADAM wrote:

Oh, from "kicked his ass" I assumed KO. Decision makes more sense given the fighters.

Thanks.

well I'd say laying into someone over the course of 5 full rounds can easily amount to an ass kicking, even if it doesn't result in a KO. Though in this case I thought the fight was closer than the unanimous decision made it seem.

notapplicable

Jul 17, 2008, 6:26 PM
Post #13 of 16 (1172 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Mrs_Zeke wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Mrs_Zeke wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Mrs_Zeke wrote:
rrrADAM wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
rrrADAM wrote:

Thanks.

well I'd say laying into someone over the course of 5 full rounds can easily amount to an ass kicking, even if it doesn't result in a KO.

I would agree with that. They dont have that saying about ASSumptions for nothin.Blush

Partner rrrADAM

Jul 17, 2008, 7:05 PM
Post #14 of 16 (1162 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

While I think Forrest clearly won, I don't think he kicked Quinton's ass. I feel that the scoring was correct:
9-10, 10-8, 10-9, 9-10, 10-9 Forrest.

And 'The Spider' is the man, although I'd like to see him and Cung Le square up. Also the man, Juriah Faber at 145, and GSP at 170. And, of course, Randy is the man among men. All have class too.

notapplicable

Jul 18, 2008, 2:25 AM
Post #15 of 16 (1128 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

rrrADAM wrote:
Also the man, Juriah Faber at 145

Guy is a monster! He really is on a whole nother level right now and so damn impressive to watch do, what he was born to do.

Sucks about the beef between Randy and the UFC but I think his time in the cage was up. Hopefully he can be happy running his gym and producing fighters that can take the sport to the next level, hes got alot to offer as a coach.

Mrs_Zeke

Jul 18, 2008, 2:48 AM
Post #16 of 16 (1114 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

http://mmajunkie.com/...-again-by-police.mma

it would appear the Rampage saga continues.

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook