RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Bouldering

Premier Sponsor:

Partner sevrdhed

Oct 6, 2008, 4:22 PM
Post #1 of 3 (701 views)
Shortcut

Toilets in Joes Valley
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

The SLCA has donated money to have portapotties installed and mainted for a month at the Mansize camping area to help reduce the impact we as climbers are having on the area.

Donations will be accepted at the SLCA website to allow for the toilets to be maintained for longer periods of time during the prime season.

If you're visiting the area, please make sure to make use of these new toilets, and also please donate to help keep them open longer!

i_h8_choss

Oct 9, 2008, 4:34 PM
Post #2 of 3 (659 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sevrdhed] Toilets in Joes Valley [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sevrdhed wrote:
The SLCA has donated money to have portapotties installed and mainted for a month at the Mansize camping area to help reduce the impact we as climbers are having on the area.

Donations will be accepted at the SLCA website to allow for the toilets to be maintained for longer periods of time during the prime season.

If you're visiting the area, please make sure to make use of these new toilets, and also please donate to help keep them open longer!

Whheeww...about time. I was there last spring, and it was a shitty mess. I hope they stay up there for a while. Any word on rehab-ing the campsites and picking up all that trash??

Partner sevrdhed

Oct 13, 2008, 2:31 PM
Post #3 of 3 (610 views)
Shortcut

Re: [i_h8_choss] Toilets in Joes Valley [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Keep in mind that I'm in no way a representative for the SLCA. However, that said - there's a lot of talks about working on some of the issues down in Joes. The SLCA was created specifically to deal with issues in the Wasatch, and so extending down to joes is stretching resources.

In the meantime, everyone that goes down there on a regular basis really should be contributing to the fund for the bathrooms, and obviously, picking up as much trash as possible and keeping the place clean. Unfortunately, this doesn't always happen, but people can certainly do their best to clean up the trash of others.

Also, make sure that if you go down to New Joes, you avoid parking in front of the gate, and make sure to respect the oil companies property there. They've already shut down the road to the parking lot there due to the actions of climbers - we definitely don't want any more potential restrictions!

Also, if you're interested in organizing some cleanups or other events in joes valley, please feel free to contact the SLCA so that you can work together!

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Bouldering

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook