RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - East Coast

Premier Sponsor:

Partner jhundrup

May 10, 2001, 8:58 PM
Post #1 of 2 (1476 views)
Shortcut

Needs direction in DC/Virgina area
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I am going to be in DC next week for 7 days. Can anyone provide me with some dirctions to one of the local climing areas like Carderock or Great Falls Park? I see these areas in the routes section, but there are no directions. If someone would in that area would like to hook up for a day, let me know. Thanks, Jared
jhunundrup@rockclimbing.com

Partner climboard

May 11, 2001, 5:39 PM
Post #2 of 2 (1476 views)
Shortcut

Needs direction in DC/Virgina area [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Jared Hundrup wrote:
>I am going to be in DC next week for 7 days. Can anyone provide me with some dirctions to one of the local climing areas like Carderock or Great Falls Park? I see these areas in the routes section, but there are no directions. If someone would in that area would like to hook up for a day, let me know. Thanks, Jared
>jhunundrup@rockclimbing.com

Here\'s directions to Great Falls: From I-495: Take Exit 44 Route 193 also named Georgetown Pike. Take 193 west. Turn right at Old Dominion Drive (approximately 4 1/2 miles). Straight 1 mile to entrance station. Go through entrance and take a sharp right into a parking lot

To get to Carderock: From I495 take exit 41 Clara Barton Parkway. Take a left at the fork in the road. Once on Clara Barton Parkway, you may note that David Taylor Model Basin is on your right (the very long building). Take the first exit off the parkway, making a left at the top of the ramp. This will take you right into the recreation area. After you pass under the canal through the tunnel, make a right at the stop sign and continue to the last parking lot. Head towards the river to get to the climbs.

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - East Coast

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook