RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - East Coast

Premier Sponsor:

Adk

Dec 11, 2008, 3:23 PM
Post #1 of 3 (397 views)
Shortcut

Moss Island climbing and ESF Presentation
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey folks,

Myself and a few others of the community not only with some students with ESF (Environmental School of Forestry) from Syracuse U but with the mayor met at Black Box Theater at Canal Place.

The students put on a good display in helping the city try to decide the best way to go with as far as the island is concerned. We got some great ideas, some of which we already had yet the city didn't have their ears on when we spoke to them.

We also learned, that during the week climbing passes
are for sale as usual at the Town Clerk in main street.
As for weekend purchases you need to not go to the police department but go to the fire department. This is in the same building but downstairs. A member of the fire dept. has to always be there 24 hrs a day. This means that if you come into town at 2am and need a pass you can get one.

Many of your ideas were passed along to the city and they were taken very seriously. Bathroom facilities, water, shade trees at the base of the cliffs, maintenance of the lawns and a proper trail system that is marked as to not destroy the fragile mosses that exist there were all mentioned.
Also, lighting of the area was also brought up at this meeting. What do you think? Light up Moss Island Cliffs in the evening for evening climbing?
We need you all to comment on this. The more the merrier!!
We know that many of you have not gotten passes to climb in the past. We need to you to so that we can go to the taxpayers and say.....this is how important it is. We need accurate numbers!!!!
$3 is pretty cheap
So...do I go to the mayor and tell them that 10 people responded to the night climbing idea or do I go to him telling him 150 people responded?

Let's hear it!!

Dave

(This post was edited by Adk on Dec 12, 2008, 1:13 PM)

Adk

Dec 11, 2008, 7:56 PM
Post #2 of 3 (381 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Adk] Moss Island climbing and ESF Presentation [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

15-0

That's 15 readers and no comments. Come on folks!!

gunkiemike

Dec 11, 2008, 9:28 PM
Post #3 of 3 (372 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Adk] Moss Island climbing and ESF Presentation [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Adk wrote:
Hey folks,

Myself and a few others of the community not only with some students with ESF (Environmental School of Forestry) from Syracuse U but with the mayor at Black Box Theater at Canal Place.

Maybe those 15 people can't understand this opening paragraph. (make that 16...might I suggest adding a verb?)

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - East Coast

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook