RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Suggestions & Feedback

Premier Sponsor:

the_pirate

Oct 21, 2003, 9:17 PM
Post #1 of 3 (897 views)
Shortcut

Trouble with prettifying options
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Since the site was redone, I'm experiencing difficulties posting from my home computer. It runs redhat. When I try to italicize or embolden text, random parts of the post are affected instead of the highlighted text. How do you expect me to create pretty passthepenispetesque posts if I can't italicize and boldify?

eric

Oct 21, 2003, 10:16 PM
Post #2 of 3 (897 views)
Shortcut

Re: Trouble with prettifying options [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Since the site was redone, I'm experiencing difficulties posting from my home computer. It runs redhat. When I try to italicize or embolden text, random parts of the post are affected instead of the highlighted text. How do you expect me to create pretty passthepenispetesque posts if I can't italicize and boldify?

This is a feature to discourage people from posting like, er, oh my is that a typo?

Anyway, I assume you mean using the bbcode buttons. They don't always work that well in certain browsers and I don't believe this is related to the update. I've had trouble in Firebird and Mozilla on Redhat 9 and MacOS X. I usually just type them manually. Also, basic html has been quietly turned back on so you can use that too.
But I'll keep an eye open for the problems you describe.

Eric

andypro

Oct 21, 2003, 10:44 PM
Post #3 of 3 (897 views)
Shortcut

Re: Trouble with prettifying options [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Mandrake 9.1 with the latest mozilla...they work usually. Sometimes screwy things happen, but that's due to the browser I'm sure because this is not the only place it happens. I gotta start using stable releases :roll:

Forums : Rockclimbing.com : Suggestions & Feedback

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook