RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

shortsavage

Apr 9, 2002, 1:45 AM
Post #1 of 5 (1773 views)
Shortcut

ROCK CLIMBER ARM?!
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Ok, so get this...since I have been climbing my forearms have gotten huge. Both are large and solid, the only problem is my left is noticably bigger than my right. I am 18 so of course my friends just accuse me of...well you know...a lot! But I don't!!! I could almost be morman. Does anyone else notice this with their arms? Am I not using my right enough when I climb? What can I do about this? I know this is a kinda funny topic...I am not really concerned with it...just want some feedback, thanks.

Partner camhead

Apr 9, 2002, 1:56 AM
Post #2 of 5 (1771 views)
Shortcut

ROCK CLIMBER ARM?! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yeah, course you don't- that's what everyone says. And as for Mormons, do you really think that they go on two-year missions without–

sorry.
I wish i had something more productive to say.

[ This Message was edited by: camhead on 2002-04-08 18:57 ]

mitchal

Apr 9, 2002, 1:59 AM
Post #3 of 5 (1771 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Everyone has a dominant side.The one you use more will get bigger as a result of that use.try to use the less dominant side more,it will amaze you how much you rely on one side.It just takes practice and concentration.
Switch to the other hand and get yourself some "strange"!
sick!!!
Mitch

mitchal

Apr 9, 2002, 2:00 AM
Post #4 of 5 (1771 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I mean,GIVE yourself some "strange"!!!!

miagi

Apr 9, 2002, 2:16 AM
Post #5 of 5 (1771 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Just admit it, your a wanker, err i mean wacker like all of us lol hehehe j/k. Anyways sometimes you will have muscle groups that are bigger whenever your doing isolated training. If your running your legs will usually grow in muscle mass and strength equally, but in climbing the workout is more targeted. My forearms havent really gotten "huge", but they are very solid and equal. They werent always like that though. Here is Miagi's advice

The climbers that are really good at this sport know not to train their strengths as much as their weaknesses. If your right arm is smaller and weaker, do target training on it so you can progress your climbing skills. Ways you can strengthen your right arm only are:

1. Get a grip device. You know, the 2 handles that are connected by a thick wire thats molded into an opposition spring? Just do 100 or so squeezes, take a break, and do it over again. Try to do as many as you can.
2. Get a free weight around 20-30 lbs.(or whatever you feel comfortable with). Sit down, put your wrist on the end of your knee with palm up and the weight in hand. Bend your wrist down,up,down,up. Try to do as many as you can.
3. Now, put your wrist over your knee while sitting down with the palm facing down this time. Place the free weight in the palm and lift your wrist up then down and do as many as you can.
4. Doing pull ups or "frenchies" can help you gain forearm strength. Try to do one handed pull ups because if you do 2 hands, your more dominant hand will want to naturally take on more weight. If you dont know what a frenchie is, it is a workout where you hang 5 seconds, pull up 90 degrees and hang, pull yourself over the bar and hang, go back down to 90 degrees, then back to your original hang. You must hang for 5 seconds or as long as you can for each motion of the workout.

Hope this helps man!
Later,
Miagi

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook