RSS FeedRSS Feeds for The Ladies' Room

Premier Sponsor:

ramylson

Apr 28, 2004, 2:54 PM
Post #1 of 4 (542 views)
Shortcut

Shoes (female specific).
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Although I'm not female, I do have a woman specific question.

My girl-friend is in desperate need of new shoes. Currently climbing in some Boreal "Stingers", which she actually likes very much. Powerful shoe with good sensitivity and feel. But, she's looking for something new, something updated. Honestly, something with velcro. :wink: Any suggestions from female climbers regarding shoes that would match those traits previously mentioned? How about a women specific shoe (as they can sometimes fit a female foot better then trying to match it to a "male" shoe)?

I realize that there will more then likely be a hundred different answers associated with this, but I'm just looking for something that might stand out from the others, recommended by other female climbers.

Thanks for the time and assistance..

adventureman

Apr 28, 2004, 7:10 PM
Post #2 of 4 (542 views)
Shortcut

Re: Shoes (female specific). [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

While not a woman-specific shoe, my wife wears 5.10 Spires and loves them; the toe-box is a little wider than other shoes, which for her is perfect. Good price, too (just dropped to $89.95 USD).

artclimber

Apr 29, 2004, 12:13 AM
Post #3 of 4 (542 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

La Sportiva Katanas all the way. I have a pair myself, and have (before climbing, that is;)) been told that i could be a foot model. the feminine shape is fit quite well by katana's. i find edging a lot easier, and the powerful toe box is incredible! i can stand on teensy weensy jibs now :) anyhows, katana's kick ass all the way :) make sure you don't get ones that were previously owned by a guy, tho. they'd be too stretched to work for ya :) hope it helps :)

rockchickar

Apr 30, 2004, 5:05 PM
Post #4 of 4 (542 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Five -ten sapphires- I bought a pair about 3 months ago and my feet could not possiby be happier-- they are cut for the female foot and do not stretch like the spires do. I cannot imagine a more confortable and high performance shoe!

I should be a spokesperson!

Forums : Community : The Ladies' Room

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook