RSS FeedRSS Feeds for View this Website

Premier Sponsor:

synchro

May 29, 2004, 4:24 PM
Post #1 of 4 (1188 views)
Shortcut

Advice
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hi all,

I've started a site recently for people who are into outdoor pursuits.

Can I get some feedabck on it please?

Worth while continuing with it?

Site is in my sig.

Thanks.

Neil

dynocampusaurus

May 29, 2004, 5:35 PM
Post #2 of 4 (1188 views)
Shortcut

Re: Advice [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hihi

Who knew my first post on RC would be about my second passion - web design.

Now to your site, my friend, My initial focus is drawn to the News section (just above the forums). This is primarily because of the color you've chosen to highlite to News section - i.e. white and because your logo is non-descript. I don't know how I feel about that yet, as it would be nice to see some color.

There is a lack of overall balance. When you're having navigational systems on both sides of the page, you should weight them equally. I would suggest moving your mini stats to the left side. As for the calandar, albeit a good idea, most people have one that is easily accessible on their computer.

As I navigate through your site, I like how responsive it is (good choice in servers), but all of your side navigational items jump around. I hope this wasn't intentional because it's more confusing than fun. Other than this, the usabilty of the site (which I deem as being most important) is definately there. The only thing I can suggest for making the forums easier to use is to create a categorical system. On the main page (where I think most people will spend their time), you have small mentions of what type of content the forum pertains to (e.g. shooting forum, rock climbing forum, etc.). If you have these forum types as main categories that users can navigate to, you're content will make a bit more sense.

The only other thing I can think of is for you to change the name of Module Jump to something more common. When I was looking for the image gallery, I didn't know where to go. Then I saw that and had to think about what it would do and how module jump pertained to my desired destination (which it doesn't). By the way, I never did find the gallery.

Sorry for not explaining myself very well, I just woke up and my articulation is still in my cup of coffee.

All in all - nice job man. It's smooth, easy to work, and fast. Good stuff!

-Ben

Partner coldclimb

May 29, 2004, 11:00 PM
Post #3 of 4 (1188 views)
Shortcut

coldclimb moved this thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

coldclimb moved this thread from General to View this Website.

synchro

Jun 4, 2004, 9:49 AM
Post #4 of 4 (1188 views)
Shortcut

Re: Advice [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks coldclimb. If you have a voice please pop by and say hello.

A lot about the site is explained there.

P.S. Its great to get some positive feedabck.

Forums : Archive : View this Website

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook