RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Bouldering

Premier Sponsor:

llamafun

May 7, 2002, 3:43 PM
Post #1 of 3 (1711 views)
Shortcut

Tips/training
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

is there ne1 who cud tell me tips for gaining strength or gud tips for buildin upper body strength??

Oh, & has ne1 climbed @ the roaches? & no's the grade for the overhanging boulder route on the Upper Teir???

jdcox_9

May 7, 2002, 3:54 PM
Post #2 of 3 (1711 views)
Shortcut

Tips/training [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

there are plenty of ways to train climbing strength. climbing being the main one. basically, the closer a lift(free weigths or machines) is to actual climbing movement the better it will be for your performance. There are plenty of other suggestions in other posts. Chaeck them out.

lilred

May 7, 2002, 4:18 PM
Post #3 of 3 (1711 views)
Shortcut

Tips/training [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I agree with jdcox_9 110%...the best way to get stronger for climbing is to climb. Two additions to my training have been yoga and pilates. Both have helped with flexibility and core strength, which are very important as far as preventative maintenence for injuries and core strength goes.
Food for thought: developing external muscles like biceps and triceps may look great, but if you want better performance, focus on the internal core muscles...Could you imagine Arnold as a better climber than Bruce Lee? Probably not.
Hope that helps!

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Bouldering

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook