RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Suggestions & Feedback

Premier Sponsor:

Partner taino

Aug 23, 2004, 4:30 PM
Post #1 of 9 (1895 views)
Shortcut

Two major bugs...
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

1) I'm trying to re-order the routes in the Peterskill DB to correctly reflect what one finds in the guidebook. I know how to do it, and have already attempted it 3-4 times. Sadly, when I push the Save button, all my work is undone and the list reverts to what was there previously.

The reason I'm putting this here and not sending it through the "report a problem" link is:

2) The "Report a Bug/Problem" link isn't working. You type all the information in, push "Submit", and an error-filled screen comes up - Invalid_Session, Invalid_Session, ad nauseum.

Please advise. Thanks!

T

overlord

Aug 23, 2004, 4:55 PM
Post #2 of 9 (1895 views)
Shortcut

Re: Two major bugs... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

the no1 is there for quite some time now

the no2 happened to me once, but i got around it. just cant remeber how...

Partner tim

Aug 23, 2004, 5:42 PM
Post #3 of 9 (1895 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

#2 I cannot currently reproduce -- although phpBB sessions are persnickety at times, we've had this problem in the past. But I just tried to provoke it (I'm on a Mac, using Safari, at the moment) and could not.

#1 is probably a form issue... it appears to also be relevant to deleting Gear entries. I'll try and resolve it today.

climberchic

Aug 23, 2004, 6:58 PM
Post #4 of 9 (1895 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi Tim,

Just tried to submit a bug as well and it would not work. I'm on a PC using Mozilla. The bug was for Events not linking to FP.

mwbtle

Aug 24, 2004, 8:14 PM
Post #5 of 9 (1895 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I also reproduced the 2nd bug. it happened when I didn't submit an email address. once I filled in the email address it went through with no problem.

Partner taino

Sep 2, 2004, 2:51 PM
Post #6 of 9 (1895 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
1) I'm trying to re-order the routes in the Peterskill DB to correctly reflect what one finds in the guidebook. I know how to do it, and have already attempted it 3-4 times. Sadly, when I push the Save button, all my work is undone and the list reverts to what was there previously.

The reason I'm putting this here and not sending it through the "report a problem" link is:

2) The "Report a Bug/Problem" link isn't working. You type all the information in, push "Submit", and an error-filled screen comes up - Invalid_Session, Invalid_Session, ad nauseum.

Please advise. Thanks!

T

Still having problems with both of the above-mentioned bugs.

Any word?

Thanks!

T

Partner tim

Sep 2, 2004, 10:50 PM
Post #7 of 9 (1895 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

[quote="taino"]
In reply to:

Please advise. Thanks!

T

The routes bug is something I have slated for next week. I'm excruciatingly close to finishing search and tidy filtering (which will clean up all of the HTML bugs on the site at once), so I want to fix that first.

In reply to:
Still having problems with both of the above-mentioned bugs.

Any word?

Thanks!

T

I can't reproduce the problem you're having with bug reports, and we do get a steady stream of "I forgot my name" type reports that reassures me it's working at least some of the time. Can you help me to reproduce the problem you're having? It's difficult to debug otherwise.

Partner tim

Sep 2, 2004, 10:57 PM
Post #8 of 9 (1895 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I also reproduced the 2nd bug. it happened when I didn't submit an email address. once I filled in the email address it went through with no problem.

OK, this is probably something I can fix. It's trying to 'guess' your email address and blowing up. I'll see what I can do about that. No promises on the ETA, I'm swamped for the moment. Someone else might step in, though.

Partner taino

Sep 3, 2004, 12:09 PM
Post #9 of 9 (1895 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
The routes bug is something I have slated for next week. I'm excruciatingly close to finishing search and tidy filtering (which will clean up all of the HTML bugs on the site at once), so I want to fix that first.

Okay, no worries. Thanks!

In reply to:
I can't reproduce the problem you're having with bug reports, and we do get a steady stream of "I forgot my name" type reports that reassures me it's working at least some of the time. Can you help me to reproduce the problem you're having? It's difficult to debug otherwise.

I'll try to send through two separate reports, one from my Mac at home, one from my PC at work. I'll do my best to write down what happens. Is that what you mean?

Edited to say: Okay, the message from my Macintosh went through just fine. I included my username, email address, URL, and a message. So far, so good.

T

Forums : Rockclimbing.com : Suggestions & Feedback

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook