Premier Sponsor:

_clarity

Sep 18, 2004, 4:35 PM
Post #1 of 18 (557 views)
Shortcut

Kerry/Bush Debate
Report this Post
Can't Post

A bit down in the polls, seemingly unable to explain his votes, this is where I would want Kerry going into the debates if I were campaign manager. It's easier to win a debate with low expectations, and a while ago it would have been hard to imagine Kerry being the underdog with the impressive Bushism's and all. But now, Bush has been so effective in depicting Kerry as inept(contrary to McCain's opinion), all Kerry must do is explain what the votes were about. That, and hold the discourse on the road of relevent issues.
In the Media you hear the snippit of Kerry's:"I actually voted against the $87b, before I voted for it.", I'd imagine those that were there heard why. That explaination was also missing from the convention. Why? Because the right time to do it is in bush's face, in the debates. BUSH HAS NEVER BEEN CHALLENGED PROPERLY on his policies, and he when he does, he'll have to argue against facts, not screened Bush crowds.

thegreytradster

Sep 18, 2004, 4:54 PM
Post #2 of 18 (557 views)
Shortcut

Re: Kerry/Bush Debate [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

It will be fun in any case

http://www.registeredmedia.com/...erry/kerrysaddam.jpg

overlord

Sep 18, 2004, 6:12 PM
Post #3 of 18 (557 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

well, i think iraq was your ally then (as were the taliban at one point).

prufrock

Sep 18, 2004, 6:43 PM
Post #4 of 18 (557 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Bush does not want to debate, as he knows he will get his ass handed to him. Therefore, they are stalling and trying to make it seem as if the candidates can't agree to a debate format, so that they can turn tail and run from the debate without looking like the complete chickenshits that they are.

Of course, in 2000 people went collectively insane and came to the conclusion Bush managed to win the debates against Gore. So it is not a slam-dunk that Kerry will win the debates.

The media, contrary to reality, has already decided on their meta-narrative for this election: It is close, but Bush is going to win. Since the media will, in large part, be in control of declaring a winner in a debate, it is not likely that they will say Kerry won, no matter the performance.

And read the polls again -- Kerry is not in trouble. He is in damn good shape. Remember, Bush is the incumbent. Any poll where Bush is under 50% is very bad news for Bush.

And yes, overlord, we were allies then. That is the point. Nothing changed with regard to Saddaam. The Taliban weren't really allies. The mujahadeen were, which Pakistan then went on to form into the Taliban.

curt

Sep 18, 2004, 10:33 PM
Post #5 of 18 (557 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I am looking forward to these debates on the off chance that either one of them might say something intelligent.

Curt

hurdles

Sep 18, 2004, 10:55 PM
Post #6 of 18 (557 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I am looking forward to these debates on the off chance that either one of them might say something intelligent.

Curt

yeah, i'll be sitting on the edge of my seat.

bobd1953

Sep 18, 2004, 11:06 PM
Post #7 of 18 (557 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

Curt

Well we know about Bush and what he is capable of (not much) so I quess it is up to Kerry to make it happen! :D

Let be serious now: I think Kerry has the edge in that he can read, write and speak a complete sentence without fouling up. hahaha

reno

Sep 18, 2004, 11:45 PM
Post #8 of 18 (557 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Let be serious now: I think Kerry has the edge in that he can read, write and speak a complete sentence without fouling up.

Perhaps, but he still doesn't know how to make a decision and stick to it:

http://www.cdharris.net/multi/kerry_positions.gif

http://www.washingtontimes.com/op-ed/20040915-090156-4833r.htm

Or tell the truth, plain and simple, about anything:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,132405,00.html

It's gonna be an interesting couple of weeks...

curt

Sep 18, 2004, 11:48 PM
Post #9 of 18 (557 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Curt

Well we know about Bush and what he is capable of (not much) so I quess it is up to Kerry to make it happen! :D

Let be serious now: I think Kerry has the edge in that he can read, write and speak a complete sentence without fouling up. hahaha

Yeah, everyone though that Gore would out debate Bush in 2000 too. It didn't happen though.

Curt

Partner tgreene

Sep 19, 2004, 12:04 AM
Post #10 of 18 (557 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Curt

Much unlike you, Bob! :wink:

bobd1953

Sep 19, 2004, 12:18 AM
Post #11 of 18 (557 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Much unlike you, Bob!

It's the internet!

Read one of my books or let's talk in person if you are looking proper grammer! :)

bobd1953

Sep 19, 2004, 12:20 AM
Post #12 of 18 (557 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Yeah, everyone though that Gore would out debate Bush in 2000 too. It didn't happen though.

Gore was a idiot during those debate's and went down to Bush's level. I don't think Kerry will do that.

scottcody

Sep 19, 2004, 2:40 AM
Post #13 of 18 (557 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Gore was a idiot during those debate's and went down to Bush's level. I don't think Kerry will do that.
I agree, he is far to much of an elitist :D

Partner camhead

Sep 19, 2004, 4:00 AM
Post #14 of 18 (557 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

feh. to a texan, everyone is an elitist. that's just because texas sucks and duzzn't know it.

as for elections, debates, or whatever, don't count on hearing anything intelligent beyond thirty second soundbites.

Adlai Stevenson once said that, instead of debating, advertising, or whatever, each candidate should just buy thirty minutes of TV silence and give the voters a chance to think for themselves. A lot of good that did him. He overestimated the intelligence of the public, and thus got his ass handed to him by a bunch of fukkin "fathers know best" that could do no more than nod theiir heads and write checks.

And he lost to a Texan. Well, a southern Oklahoman, but no diifference.

to summarize, texas sucks. Come to Dallas sometime, and you'll see why Bush is such a cockmaster, and why this country is going to hell.

curt

Sep 19, 2004, 4:55 AM
Post #15 of 18 (557 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

feh. to a texan, everyone is an elitist. that's just because texas sucks and duzzn't know it.

as for elections, debates, or whatever, don't count on hearing anything intelligent beyond thirty second soundbites.

Adlai Stevenson once said that, instead of debating, advertising, or whatever, each candidate should just buy thirty minutes of TV silence and give the voters a chance to think for themselves. A lot of good that did him. He overestimated the intelligence of the public, and thus got his ass handed to him by a bunch of fukkin "fathers know best" that could do no more than nod theiir heads and write checks.

And he lost to a Texan. Well, a southern Oklahoman, but no diifference.

to summarize, texas sucks. Come to Dallas sometime, and you'll see why Bush is such a cockmaster, and why this country is going to hell.

That reminds me of a famous quote by H.L. Mencken that "No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people."

Haha

He was probably right.

Curt

timstich

Sep 19, 2004, 7:34 PM
Post #16 of 18 (557 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

"so I quess it is up to Kerry to make it happen!"

Ahem.

bumblie

Sep 20, 2004, 12:41 PM
Post #17 of 18 (557 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Gore was a idiot during those debate's and went down to Bush's level.

I really liked Gore's "third grade" efforts to disrupt Bush. The ripping of paper and feigned coughs really demonstrated his maturity. If Kerry thought there was a benefit in these childish tactics, I'm sure he'd use them.

g
Deleted

Sep 20, 2004, 2:00 PM
Post #18 of 18 (557 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

I've lived in Texas, and I don't care for it much either. I'd be fine with getting rid of it.

It is a little false to say that Bush is a Texan though. He was born in New Haven, where he would return to go to college. He went to an East Coast Prep school that is older than this country and includes graduates like, Paul Bremer, Scooter Libby, and JFK Jr., to Duncan Sheik and Dr. Spock. Bush is a member of Skull & Bones (as is Kerry), how much more elite can you become? He's a prep school punk, a Connecticut Yankee in a cowboy hat!

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook