RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Big Wall and Aid Climbing

Premier Sponsor:

pete_the_eskimo

Nov 10, 2003, 5:01 PM
Post #1 of 6 (2121 views)
Shortcut

Tricam Recall
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

http://www.camp-usa.com/tricamnotice.aspx

Tri Cam Defect Notice

CAMP USA has entered into a voluntary recall for 1.5 Tri Cams with visual cracks occurring from the pin housing area to the edge. We are asking all CAMP consumers who have purchased Tri Cams to inspect the Brown size 1.5 with a lot allocation of “2G.” The size can be identified through the description of each product, which has been permanently sewn to the webbing of each Tri Cam. The lot number can be identified through an etching on the side of each product.

**The defect is a hairline crack has which has occurred around the pin housing located near the webbing that is fixed to the Tri Cam. (SEE PICTURE BELOW)

CAMP inspects all Tri Cams prior to shipping and suggests all consumers inspect merchandise prior to purchase.

CAMP USA has entered into a voluntary recall for the size 1.5 Tri Cam. Please inspect all 1.5 Tri Cams and contact CAMP to replace all cracked size 1.5 Tri Cams free of charge. Please call CAMP USA for a return authorization number as well as shipping instructions at 877-421-2267.

-Pete

pete_the_eskimo

Nov 10, 2003, 5:11 PM
Post #2 of 6 (2121 views)
Shortcut

Re: Tricam Recall [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

When placed as a chock TRICAMs are NOT as strong as when placed as a cam. Full numbers will be released soon, I have a couple.

Chock Placement Strength
Size 1.5--14kn
Size -.5---7kn

mustclimb69

Nov 10, 2003, 5:11 PM
Post #3 of 6 (2121 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

This has already been posted but it is nice to see your concern for safety outweighs your ability to search forums.

Thanks

bspisak

Nov 10, 2003, 7:04 PM
Post #4 of 6 (2121 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yeah, I'm no damn good a searching forums either. I always search for "tricam recall" and never find anything.

Anyway, thanks for the post - I did not see it before.

Internet entropy and the 2nd law of thermo: all positive engery will be balanced by negative energy on the internet so that eventually it will all degrade into a steady state of incoherent drivel.

bspisak

Nov 10, 2003, 7:04 PM
Post #5 of 6 (2121 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yeah, I'm no damn good a searching forums either. I always search for "tricam recall" and never find anything.

Anyway, thanks for the post - I did not see it before.

Internet entropy and the 2nd law of thermo: all positive engery will be balanced by negative energy on the internet so that eventually it will all degrade into a steady state of incoherent drivel.

elcapinyoazz

Nov 10, 2003, 11:26 PM
Post #6 of 6 (2121 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Methinks CAMP may have a QC issue.

I recently had a spanker new ballnut fall apart. Pulled the trigger and the damn ball and cable fell off and fluttered away on the breeze. I heard of another guy who had the same issue. Mad props to Greg at CAMP though, who took care of me proppa-like.

-ECIYA

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Big Wall and Aid Climbing

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook