RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Slacklining

Premier Sponsor:

armstrong

Mar 1, 2005, 9:10 PM
Post #1 of 4 (1813 views)
Shortcut

Best way to lock off the slackjack?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I use the slackjack for about a 30-40 foot line. After I get the line tight enough, after a few goes I need to retighten. I need advice on the best way to lock off the slackjack so it doesn't slide or loosen. Thanks!
Jesse

Partner coldclimb

Mar 1, 2005, 11:40 PM
Post #2 of 4 (1813 views)
Shortcut

Re: Best way to lock off the slackjack? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hmmm. The slackjack DOESN'T slide or loosen. Lines do naturally lose SOME tension in the first couple goes, but in my own experience with the slackjack, it's normally not enough to need to retension. One factor that DOES mess with things would be wet ground, which gets the feet wet, which then gets the line wet, and lets it stretch more. Beyond that I'm not sure what could be causing this problem. :? My slackjack doesn't slip. Are you sure that's the problem?

armstrong

Mar 2, 2005, 5:45 PM
Post #3 of 4 (1813 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hummm, the problem might be that I am not getting it tight enough in the first place. It could be sliding because of the lack of tension. Most of the time I am only pulling with two people. Is there an easy rig to get it tight with one or two people? Thanks!
Jesse

slackdaddy

Mar 4, 2005, 9:10 AM
Post #4 of 4 (1813 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

armstrong, it depends on what kind of line you are trying to set up how much tension you need, but if your Slack-Jack is acutally slipping AT ANY tension it must have gotten re-threaded WRONG or something.

The Slack-Jack was designed light weight and strong so it could stay in the system. Becase in the style of line I like to walk it is important to be able to adjust tension as you go (and not feel a bunch of weight on the line). On the other hand, if you want an air-tight line that you are going to soft point off and keep enough tension after you take the S-J out you would need a 3/4" Slack-Dog. With a Slack-Dog you can increace the power of the S-J by four times without adding any weight to the system. If you choose to take the S-J out of the system then weight is not an issue. I use the Slack-Dog when I set up long lines (by my self) and leave the Slack-Jack in the system so that it is easy to release the tesion when I'm done.

But if your in Ashland we should just get together so I can see what your doing.

PM me

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Slacklining

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook