Forums: Climbing Partners: US - East Coast:
HELP - Heading to the New, Directions to Rogers?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - East Coast

Premier Sponsor:

ecocliffchick

Mar 22, 2005, 3:50 AM
Post #1 of 5 (1277 views)
Shortcut

HELP - Heading to the New, Directions to Rogers?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'm heading to the New for Easter, but I've never camped at Roger's (aka Rocky Top Retreat?). Could someone please give me detailed directions! I'll be showing up in the middle of the night and I don't really want to have to stop to ask for directions at 3 am. The guidebook I have doesn't have directions to the campgrounds.

Thanks so much for any info you can give!

ecocliffchick

Mar 22, 2005, 1:43 PM
Post #2 of 5 (1277 views)
Shortcut

Re: HELP - Heading to the New, Directions to Rogers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

bump

noell

Mar 22, 2005, 1:51 PM
Post #3 of 5 (1277 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The best thing to get directions to Rogers from is to look in your guidebook for directions to Kaymoor. Roger's is right by the parking lot for Kaymoor. But here I go, and anyone feel free to give more input if you think I've succeeded in confusing this gal!

Okay, I have no idea what direction you are coming from, so I am going to just be vague here. You are on 19, either coming from the North and crossing the New River Gorge bridge into Fayetteville, or you are coming from the South and up 19 from Beckley. If you are coming from the north, after you cross over the bridge, which is right after the tourist center, look for Biscuit World (right? it's a little fastfood kinda breakfast place) on the left at a light. Turn left at this light (16, into historic Fayetteville). If you are coming from the south, there will be other turns onto 16, so make sure you turn at the breakfast place. Go through historic Fayetteville, through a couple lights.

AFter you are through town, watch for Sherry's beer shack on your right. Across the street from Sherry's, you will veer left up the hill towards Kaymoor.

Curve and turn on this little road, for a couple miles, past whitewater rafting place, then a white church up on a hill that you may or may not see in the dark. You will have to keep your eyes open and look for a sign on the left side of the road that points you to Kaymoor. Turn left here. At the end of that road is Rogers.

Good luck!!! Have fun!

Partner mr8615

Mar 22, 2005, 2:45 PM
Post #4 of 5 (1277 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I couldn't have given better directions! Remember though, the sign for Kaymoor is a wooden sign, not the average street marker. If you get lost, go to Pies and Pints or Waterstone Outdoors (if they're open) and ask for directions. You can't miss either of these places, they're right in town.

Mark

Partner mr8615

Mar 22, 2005, 2:47 PM
Post #5 of 5 (1277 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I couldn't have given better directions! Remember though, the sign for Kaymoor is a wooden sign, not the average street marker. If you get lost, go to Pies and Pints or Waterstone Outdoors (if they're open) and ask for directions. You can't miss either of these places, they're right in town.

Mark

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - East Coast

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook