RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Bouldering

Premier Sponsor:

ericontherocks

Sep 5, 2001, 10:23 AM
Post #1 of 9 (2841 views)
Shortcut

Gone Bouldering
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

a couple of days ago i went bouldering really for the first time i have been climbing for a number of years now but never spent a whole day just bouldering, talk about getting trashed my fingers are still raw from that day and i can see the power that is needed to get some of the harder moves would really help in much of my other types of climbing, I just thought i would let all know that i now can be called a boulderer as well as many other things now (all good of course)

catga86

Sep 6, 2001, 7:49 PM
Post #2 of 9 (2841 views)
Shortcut

Gone Bouldering [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yeah I went a couple days ago too wasn't it sweet.

Partner pianomahnn

Sep 7, 2001, 5:41 AM
Post #3 of 9 (2841 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Bouldering really does build up some mad strength. It sure doesn't do anything for endurance though. I know for a fact that bouldering has helped me out a WHOLE lot in that "other" type of climbing people do. The vast majority of the time you're cranking on some wicked stuff. It may only be a few moves, but damn, talk about strength.

The only thing I hate about bouldering is the lack of real safety. High ball problems scare the s--- out of me. I refuse to do them. I like my ankles the way they are.

k2exp2010

Sep 28, 2001, 10:22 PM
Post #4 of 9 (2841 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

right on. bouldering lets you practice all the holds and problems you would normally face on wall. great way to practice without having to worry about a belay-slave, rope and other gear.

rck_climber

Sep 28, 2001, 11:25 PM
Post #5 of 9 (2841 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Bouldering is how I get my daily fix until Thursdays or the weekends roll on up. My partner and I usually clmb then, but otherwise, I'm out bouldering every day. I love to traverse and burn my arms out. My hands always look like hamburger, but oh well - there's worse things in life .

Haven't really gotten into doing just a 5 or 10 move problem though. Don't know where any are or how to rate them compared to routes.

Mick

Partner rrrADAM

Sep 28, 2001, 11:29 PM
Post #6 of 9 (2841 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Bouldering builds technique and POWER.
Routes build technique and ENDURANCE.

If you do just one, you'll end up lacking in the attribute gained from the other.

BE WELL ROUNDED.

rrrADAM

kriso9tails

Sep 29, 2001, 2:17 AM
Post #7 of 9 (2841 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I used to be an endurance freak, but not very strong. Now, from bouldering, my strength is much better, but only if the route is under twenty moves because my endurance is just gone.

rck_climber

Sep 29, 2001, 3:32 AM
Post #8 of 9 (2841 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Bouldering can certainly increase your endurance as well. That's solely how I train for endurance (odd, I know, but I've never been quite right anyway). Talk about endurance training, try a 200-move boulder traverse that goes around a set of spires, now try to do it 7 times without stepping down. That's my current record, although my b@stard partner has done it 14 times (always out to one-up me ). That is an excellent endurance workout.

Guess it's all in how you boulder.
Mick

metoliusmunchkin

Sep 29, 2001, 3:33 AM
Post #9 of 9 (2841 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

You guys are sooo lucky that you have bouldering spots in your area. Around where I live, there are no realy 'boulder problem' you just kind of boulder, and traverse the bottom of routes. But I guess it's the fundatmental basics of bouldering, and not if it's an actual route that really matters. Bouldering rules, I love it so much, I have a boldering wall in my back yard.

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Bouldering

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook