Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
New to Tokyo area
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

yokohamamama

Apr 2, 2005, 3:44 AM
Post #1 of 7 (3323 views)
Shortcut

New to Tokyo area  (North_America: United_States: Utah: St__George: Crawdad_Canyon: The_Rubicon)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey there... I'm moving to the either the Yokohama or Shinagawa area coming up soon and just wanted to see if there were any English speaking climbers in the area. Looking for partners to go to the gym with during the week and go outside with on the weekends. I can lead 5.10 sport. Have yet to lead trad but have cleaned quite a bit. Have a good one-

Lauren

sean_james

Apr 8, 2005, 1:27 AM
Post #2 of 7 (3323 views)
Shortcut

Re: New to Tokyo area [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I will be traveling to Tokyo for the first 2 weeks of May and I am looking to climbing outside and get a sense of the climbing scene. I am from California and climb sport and trad. How accessible are outdoor areas? Sport or Trad? I would be happy to explore and climb for a day or so. I won't have a rack with me.

bandidopeco

Apr 8, 2005, 1:47 AM
Post #3 of 7 (3323 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hello,

I live in Saku, which is about 6000 yen from tokyo on the shinkansen. We have climbing here and a decent gym, but my hours are pretty lame. There`s an american in tokyo though, i think his screen name is Tokyobill, or something like that.

good luck

jackson

yokohamamama

Apr 12, 2005, 3:31 AM
Post #4 of 7 (3323 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I may be back in the States during Golden Week (1st week of May), and that's where my gear is. I'll try to pick it up then maybe the second week in May head out to somewhere nearby. I haven't met any climbers in Tokyo so don't know how accessible it is. I'll try to get in touch with Tokyobill and get some info from him.

Lauren

kaijin

Apr 14, 2005, 12:50 AM
Post #5 of 7 (3323 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I used to live in Japan but moved back to the US a few months ago.

I still have quite a few friends living there though, and several woud be in your area if you go to either Yokohama or Shinagawa.

Check here and get in touch with Feline:

http://www.outdoorjapan.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=000986

I am sure that she will see it and respond. Bill checks the page pretty regularly too and so do many other foreign/English-speaking climbers in the Tokyo area.

There are also some good gyms in both areas, listed on the site.

Good luck and Ganba!

-B

tailbone

May 1, 2005, 3:58 AM
Post #6 of 7 (3323 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Yokohamamama and Sean_James,

I'm currently in Tokyo and climbing regularly in Tokyo and Yokohama. Kaijin's referred to me awhile ago (Feline), and you can definitely count on me to help you out. I'll be out of town May 2-4, since TokyoBill and company will be heading out to Ogawayama during the Golden Week. PM me here or at outdoorjapan.com.

Tailbone

kanagawacrux

Sep 3, 2005, 1:51 PM
Post #7 of 7 (3323 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey, My name is Chris & I live in the Zama area. If you end up in Yokohama that'll be about 30 minutes by train from Zama. I'm currently compiling info on all the climbing areas in Kanagawa and Tokyo area. Tomorrow I'll be going to Koutakuji. I know another english speaking lady climber in the area too. I will send you info if you like and maybe we'll climb together soon.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook