RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

viktor

Apr 4, 2005, 2:21 PM
Post #1 of 1 (290 views)
Shortcut

Best Place to Live ??
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Chattanooga.

Here is why:

The city is located in the heart of the Cumberland plateau and is known to climbers as the “Buckle of the Sandstone Belt.” Three major interstates link it to other cities (I24, I75, I59). Airport and hotels, a bustling city good bars, eateries and college life. The phenomenal Aquarium and a great microbrewery.

Coldwater streams, steep canyons, caves and coves, limestone spelunking and some of the best rock climbing in the United States. Mountain biking, hang-gliding, trail running, the BEST paddling and a mild year-round climate.

NEW ROCK TO CLIMB ON AND NEW ROUTING ABUNDANCE.

The Grand Canyon of the Tennessee River.

A soon to be opened camping area along the river, four miles from the T Wall. Safety and security for traveling climbers! NO MORE THEFTS from the parking lots!! A great river location that allows paddlers and climbers access to Prentiss Cooper State Forrest, and all the climbing in the area. Minutes from T Wall, Sunset, Suck Creek, Foster Falls, Buzzard Point, and other fantastic climbing venues. Tenting, bivouacking, and a bunkhouse for rainy days. A porch for sitting, drinking, card-playing and philosophical discussions.

Opening in October 2005, it will really be a great thing for traveling and local climbers. A centralized focal point to meet, hangout and chill.

The south is awakening!

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook