Premier Sponsor:

pepsbandit

Apr 7, 2005, 2:01 AM
Post #1 of 16 (746 views)
Shortcut

Canadian Drinking Age?
Report this Post
Can't Post

I might be making a summer trip to Canada man. I was just curious what the drinking age is up there?

jerseyclimber

Apr 7, 2005, 2:02 AM
Post #2 of 16 (746 views)
Shortcut

Re: Canadian Drinking Age? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I believe it's 19. Not 100 percent tho.

kamloopsclimber

Apr 7, 2005, 2:09 AM
Post #3 of 16 (746 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

haha ya the drinking age in canada's definatly better than the u.s.
drinking age in most provinces is 19 in alberta its 18 and a couple other provinces as well

slavetogravity

Apr 7, 2005, 2:22 AM
Post #4 of 16 (746 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The Drinking age in BC is 19, in Alberta it's 18, It's 19 in Ontario and 18 in Quebec. In Newfoundland the drinking age is determined by weather or not you can reach the top of counter at the bar.

I'm amazed by the US's decision to not lower the legal drinking age. They’ll trust their men and women to go to war and fight and die for their country in some god awful third world shit hole, but you won't trust them to drink a beer until they're 21. :roll:

cragb

Apr 7, 2005, 2:42 AM
Post #5 of 16 (746 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

From my many ordeals in Montreal, the drinking age is determined by whether or not you have a wallet with money in it.....no offense to Canadiens, but coming from the US, your laws seem oh so soft compared to ours....

rossgoddard

Apr 7, 2005, 2:54 AM
Post #6 of 16 (746 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Not to get off topic, but in many states someone can legally get behind the wheel of a car at age 15 and change, yet they must wait six years to have a beer legally. I dont get it. I think that driving is a much larger safety issue, as well as responsability than having a beverage with a friend.
bogus
-Harrison

epic_ed

Apr 7, 2005, 4:11 AM
Post #7 of 16 (746 views)
Shortcut

epic_ed moved this thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

epic_ed moved this thread from Regional Discussions to Community.

Partner ctardi

Apr 7, 2005, 5:04 AM
Post #8 of 16 (746 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

B.C. 19
Alberta, Sask, Manitoba - 18
Ont. 19
Not sure about the rest

Driving,
Learners
BC 16
Alt 14
Sask, Man, Ont, Que, the rest - 16

Full license
BC 18
Rest 16.

discolegsyndrome

Apr 7, 2005, 2:47 PM
Post #9 of 16 (746 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In Quebec.. the legal drinking age is only a suggestion!

winter

Apr 7, 2005, 3:06 PM
Post #10 of 16 (746 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Actually it's 19 in Sask....to whoever posted that it's 18 there.
I think drinking ages are a crock, no wonder americans go off to college and get so drunk at their first party they are hospitalised...if they had learned when they were 16 they wouldnt' get in nearly as trouble

granite_grrl

Apr 7, 2005, 4:42 PM
Post #11 of 16 (746 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

East Coast (PEI, NS, NB, NFLD) - 19

timstich

Apr 7, 2005, 6:04 PM
Post #12 of 16 (746 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Actually it's 19 in Sask....to whoever posted that it's 18 there.
I think drinking ages are a crock, no wonder americans go off to college and get so drunk at their first party they are hospitalised...if they had learned when they were 16 they wouldnt' get in nearly as trouble

We let kids learn how to drive before we let them drink. Talk about really stupid.

lucas_timmer

Apr 7, 2005, 6:27 PM
Post #13 of 16 (746 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Not to got off topic either, but in most european countries it's 16 like in the Netherlands.It sucks when you have to be 21 to get a beer...

clausti

Apr 7, 2005, 11:23 PM
Post #14 of 16 (746 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

haha, funny store about the canadian drinking age. which as far as i know is 19, BECAUSE...

i was interning in ohio once upon a summer, and over the course of the summer turned 19. so all the other college kids at the climbing gym are like, "sweet! lets go to canada!"

and this is totally lost on me. "why the hell would we go to canada?" says I. "uhh, because you can drink there?" and i'm like, "oh." i look puzzled. "isnt that kind of far to drive for a party?" "nah dude its only like 3 hours from here."

i had to laugh out loud, because from where i live, canada is this far, cold place that you would never think of driving to, have no knowledge of its customs, ect.

we didnt end up going to canada; i went climbing for the weekend. but i did meet a really cute canadian at HP40 about a month ago who had a peirced..... for the sake the children we'll say it was "ear". but it wasnt.

Partner ctardi

Apr 8, 2005, 12:45 AM
Post #15 of 16 (746 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
haha, funny store about the canadian drinking age. which as far as i know is 19, BECAUSE...

i was interning in ohio once upon a summer, and over the course of the summer turned 19. so all the other college kids at the climbing gym are like, "sweet! lets go to canada!"

and this is totally lost on me. "why the hell would we go to canada?" says I. "uhh, because you can drink there?" and i'm like, "oh." i look puzzled. "isnt that kind of far to drive for a party?" "nah dude its only like 3 hours from here."

i had to laugh out loud, because from where i live, canada is this far, cold place that you would never think of driving to, have no knowledge of its customs, ect.

we didnt end up going to canada; i went climbing for the weekend. but i did meet a really cute canadian at HP40 about a month ago who had a peirced..... for the sake the children we'll say it was "ear". but it wasnt.

Ummm, I think you forgot the punchline?

clausti

Apr 8, 2005, 1:11 AM
Post #16 of 16 (746 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Ummm, I think you forgot the punchline?

"cock." there ya go. sorry.

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook