RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Gear Heads

Premier Sponsor:

naitch

Apr 10, 2005, 4:28 PM
Post #1 of 8 (1538 views)
Shortcut

Triple Slinging Cams?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Has anyone ever had their cams triple slung so that it affords even more versatility/sling length?

slobmonster

Apr 10, 2005, 5:10 PM
Post #2 of 8 (1538 views)
Shortcut

Re: Triple Slinging Cams? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

There's a thread around here somewhere that describes exactly what you're thinking of.

If my memory serves, I think the proud owner of the cams in question had Yates stitch full length runners to his cams; they triple like a "trad draw." Seems like a really good idea.

Partner angry

Apr 10, 2005, 5:39 PM
Post #3 of 8 (1538 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I think all this talk about triple slung or double slung cams is shit. I find that it is faster to clip a long draw off my harness to the cam than it is to unloop the double loop. On top of that, the webbing on the cam does not handle as well if doubled. What is so damn difficult about carrying some 2 foot runners set up as quickdraws.

I swear half the ideas on this site (and from gear manufacturers) are from people who rarely climb and sit around saying "what if". Get on the rock and climb (hard) and you will see why you don't want a bunch of tat hanging on your cams.

Partner angry

Apr 10, 2005, 5:44 PM
Post #4 of 8 (1538 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

All this talk about triple slung or double slung cams is shit. I find that it is faster to clip a draw off my harness to the cam than it is to unloop the double loop. On top of that, the webbing on the cam does not handle as well if doubled. What is so damn difficult about carrying some 2 foot runners set up as quickdraws.

I swear half the ideas on this site (and from gear manufacturers) are from people who rarely climb and sit around saying "what if". Get on the rock and climb (hard) and you will see why you don't want a bunch of tat hanging on your cams.

powderhound

Apr 10, 2005, 6:04 PM
Post #5 of 8 (1538 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

couldn't have said it beeter myself

ropesologuy

Apr 10, 2005, 6:27 PM
Post #6 of 8 (1538 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

True True

petsfed

Apr 10, 2005, 9:24 PM
Post #7 of 8 (1538 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I think all this talk about triple slung or double slung cams is s---. I find that it is faster to clip a long draw off my harness to the cam than it is to unloop the double loop. On top of that, the webbing on the cam does not handle as well if doubled. What is so damn difficult about carrying some 2 foot runners set up as quickdraws.

Yeah, double slings suck. I'm not so certain about tripled slings though. Could work if you have an open loop at the end (aliens style). To be sure, it would only work some of the time.

Partner gunksgoer

Apr 10, 2005, 11:08 PM
Post #8 of 8 (1538 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i agree with the fshizzle. not only would it be a pain to have all that webbing on a cam, but theyd be daggling past your knees if you racked them on gearloops. really not worth it.

Forums : Climbing Information : Gear Heads

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook