First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

akicebum

Apr 14, 2005, 5:33 AM
Post #1 of 41 (3040 views)
Shortcut

Why do "extreme" posers get the ladies?
Report this Post
Can't Post

In the realm of adventure sports there is this thin film of scum that you wish would take up quilting and hang up their skiis and sell their rack. Those guys that show up and expect 30 minute belays on warm up climbs and then maybe do three routes and talk sh*t all day.
There is a climber in my home town that was sounding super motivated to go ice climbing this winter. He had done a little that I knew of last year and I was stoked to get him out on some harder ice. Then as September became August he started talking like he was Will Gadd and began lieing about how much he climbed. It pissed me off, so I didn't take him out on the ice but he did bugger a friend of mine with a 4 hour lead on a single pitch of WI3. The mouth kept running though. The worst part of it is that his climbing Bullsh*t and hardcore talk get him women.
Last summer I met another very similar person who noticed that I had a climbing shirt on and gave me a half hour dissertation about his climbing prowess aspirations and the self appointed title of budding extreme alpinist. The only problem is that the climbing he claimed to have done was with my partner. I kept my mouth shut and was encouraging and at the end of the night that dumbass ended up with a gorgeous girl and as he left I overheard him telling her about his expedition to Peru.
Has anyone else noticed this trend of women falling for total posers, whilst those of us that actually do the things they talk about are still single?

nostyleclmbr

Apr 14, 2005, 5:39 AM
Post #2 of 41 (3040 views)
Shortcut

Re: Why do "extreme" posers get the ladies? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

hahah sounds like you're jealous too bad that move never works with girls who climb or does it?.. I suppose it would as long as you never climbed with the girl...hahhahah that happens all the time when hot woman date duches and tools it is one of the great mysteries of time

jerrygarcia

Apr 14, 2005, 5:40 AM
Post #3 of 41 (3040 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Has anyone else noticed this trend of women falling for total posers, whilst those of us that actually do the things they talk about are still single?

Your jealous of them, its been a classic scenario since the dawn of mankind. I didnt brag to my wife to get her, she loves me for who I am.

[edit] beaten by seconds!

republiclimber

Apr 14, 2005, 5:45 AM
Post #4 of 41 (3040 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

do not move to the ladies, but let the ladies move to you. only when you have reached perfect stillness will you realize that all ladies are connected by one cord and by pulling on this cord you may draw them to you.

curt

Apr 14, 2005, 5:50 AM
Post #5 of 41 (3040 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

Do you happen to know if he can lick his eyebrows?

Curt

din

Apr 14, 2005, 6:11 AM
Post #6 of 41 (3040 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Do you happen to know if he can lick his eyebrows?

Curt

you mean there are men who can't?

akicebum

Apr 14, 2005, 6:17 AM
Post #7 of 41 (3040 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I keep my eyebrows licked to perfection. I don't do horrible with the ladies, but my current drought has definitely dug up some jealousy and serious confusion. I just needed to vent a little cause that crap is frustrating in a town with a 1:8 girl to guy ratio.

pheenixx

Apr 14, 2005, 6:25 AM
Post #8 of 41 (3040 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

...single but soulfully dignified. Airheads fall for airhead posers ~ y'ain't missing much.

justhavefun

Apr 14, 2005, 6:25 AM
Post #9 of 41 (3040 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Women love confidence. Quit whining about the poser and spray more. Make up names of partners. Lie about how difficult the climbs you sent were. Bonus points for photoshopping your face into pictures scanned from climbing magazines.

slavetogravity

Apr 14, 2005, 6:26 AM
Post #10 of 41 (3040 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
The worst part of it is that his climbing Bullsh*t and hardcore talk get him women.

WOW. :shock: I think this is the first case in recorded history that talking about climbing has resulted in getting women.

I can talk shit with the best of them. I even have some epic tales of terror that could impress most anyone, anyone but the women that I would most like to impress.
For what it’s worth, the guy sounds like a total wank.
There has got to more to this story. What kind of car does he drive?

pheenixx

Apr 14, 2005, 6:27 AM
Post #11 of 41 (3040 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I keep my eyebrows licked to perfection......in a town with a 1:8 girl to guy ratio.

gee -- where do you live..?? :twisted:

adnix

Apr 14, 2005, 7:06 AM
Post #12 of 41 (3040 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Seducing women is a different game.

cliffmonkey2003

Apr 14, 2005, 7:12 AM
Post #13 of 41 (3040 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Ha, when your poser wakes up one morning with the clap, his spray may drizzle out. Don't worry dude, I agree that you're probably not missing much, save a v.d. or two.

Partner climbinginchico

Apr 14, 2005, 7:15 AM
Post #14 of 41 (3040 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

My gf's boyfriend before me was a total poser. She said that she was so naiive about climbing that she believed all the crazy stories he told her.

Then she met me, and realized that her ex had no gear (apparently I like to play with my climbing gear all the time or something :? ) and didn't even know what he was talking about (this is of course assuming I know what I am talking about, which I hope to God I do :wink: ) and claimed to have climbed El Cap, yet couldn't remember which route. He also didn't obsessively talk about climbing like I do.

I hate posers.

bigjonnyc

Apr 14, 2005, 7:23 AM
Post #15 of 41 (3040 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey akicebum, just to straighten things out, September comes after August. And if you're so jealous of this guy, you could just act like him and brag your ass off as well. Then you'll get some hot chicks who like cocky jerks too. Then again, maybe he's just prettier than you. :wink:

akclimber

Apr 14, 2005, 7:54 AM
Post #16 of 41 (3040 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Shit, why everyone after him? He is located in Juno (capital of AK) if I remember correctly. You cannot drive to Juno, must take a ferry.

I know what ur talkin about tho, it almost seems as though the majority of harder climbers only speak of what they have done if on the subject or asked.

Also, if you really do climb that hard, and actually work, there is minimal time for women.

rekrul5

Apr 14, 2005, 9:53 AM
Post #17 of 41 (3040 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I know what ur talkin about tho, it almost seems as though the majority of harder climbers only speak of what they have done if on the subject or asked.

Well ... i think it's my first post here on thist forum. I've been browsing now and than the forum ... but i'm 6000 km away of the US.
About what akclimber said, of course they only speak if on the subject or asked, because they climb for themselves first, not to impress some chick to get a hot date. And second, why talk about climbing to someone unexperienced in climbing terms and moves, she wouldn't understand shit, or she could say, "wow you're smart" - for all those terms and moves, or "you're stroooong".
I think my advice to everyone is, "Look cool (like nothing in the world could disturb you) and have a lot of confidence in yourself".

About the wemen. I've stoped chasing girls, cause a bad bad ending relation. Not that i've chased many before, but that's it. If girls come to me and they're nice ... maybe i'll say ok. Otherwise ... i'll stick to my jackin'.
Keep in mind that a guy can come and steal your woman, but i don't think he can steal your climbing.
And for the end a quote of someone or a "sexist" joke.
- Why God made women so beautiful?
- So guys could fall in love with them.
- Why God made women stupid?
- So they could fall in love with guys .... who are ugly, stinky, liers, and so on

Home you understand all my english and all the ideas in my post.

All my best,
Angel

floridaputz

Apr 14, 2005, 12:15 PM
Post #18 of 41 (3040 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

When you are young, life seems unfair. It seems people who take the easy way are the one's who win. The people who lie, cheat, steal get ahead while the hard working type don't. How many now famous climbers toiled in obsurity, didn't get the chicks because the posers acted like they where better. Women will suprise you. One day a women who is much to good for you will actually see that you have become a real man. And one day the bullsh*t artist will be seen for what he really is.

lostdog

Apr 14, 2005, 12:57 PM
Post #19 of 41 (3040 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

"[Posers] skid-mark on the under-pants of society."

Partner phaedrus

Apr 14, 2005, 1:13 PM
Post #20 of 41 (3040 views)
Shortcut

phaedrus moved this thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

phaedrus moved this thread from General to Community.

bumblie

Apr 14, 2005, 1:49 PM
Post #21 of 41 (3040 views)
Shortcut

Re: phaedrus moved this thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

It's about confidence. As lowly as these posers seem to you, they present a confident persona to the ladies. Eventual, their dishonesty is exposed.

Now, if you want speed up the timetable of them being outed, then the next time one of these guys is spraying a big game, just chime in and call BS on him -
"Yea, I heard about you climbing that WI3. It only took you 3 hours. Most do it in 45 minutes."
" It's not a red point if you hang on every draw."
Exposing Posers is a noble cause.

If you do this, be careful about how you do it - a joking manner is a lot easier to slough off than straightforward condemnation. Also, know that you'll be on that person's sh!t list.

din

Apr 14, 2005, 1:59 PM
Post #22 of 41 (3040 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Ha, when your poser wakes up one morning with the clap, his spray may drizzle out.

or else dribble out.

Partner j_ung

Apr 14, 2005, 2:37 PM
Post #23 of 41 (3040 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I keep my eyebrows licked to perfection. I don't do horrible with the ladies, but my current drought has definitely dug up some jealousy and serious confusion. I just needed to vent a little cause that crap is frustrating in a town with a 1:8 girl to guy ratio.

:shock:

1:8?!

Better be some damn good climbing.

kimmyt

Apr 14, 2005, 2:55 PM
Post #24 of 41 (3040 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

:shock:

1:8?!

Better be some damn good climbing.

What town was that again? I'm, er, thinking of moving....

cupton

Apr 14, 2005, 3:12 PM
Post #25 of 41 (3040 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In high truth
is there any difference between yes and no?
Between good and evil
is there any absolute distinction?
Must one fear what everyone fears?
It is still too early for the subtle truth
to dawn on those who are so self-assertive.

The people of the world run about excitedly as if they
were going to miss the yearly, royal, sacrificial feast,
or as if they were going to be the last one
to climb a high tower on a beautiful spring day.
I alone remain quiet and indifferent
I anchor my being to that which existed
before Heaven and Earth were formed
I alone am innocent and unknowing,
like a new born babe.
Unoccupied by worldly cares,
I move forward to nowhere.

The people of the world have more than enough.
I alone appear to have nothing.
The people of the world appear shrewd and wise.
I alone look foolish.
I like to be forgotten by the world and left alone.

Indeed, I have the mind of a single person!
Calm and self-contained, I am like the vast ocean.
Free and seemingly aimless, I am like a gentle wind.

Everyone seems so clever and self-assured.
I alone appear unlearned and original,
insistent upon a different direction
than other people pursue.
I alone value taking my sustenance
from the Mother.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?