Forums: Archive: View this Website:
IndeVisual upated with Virgin Gorda Stuff...
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for View this Website

Premier Sponsor:

indevisual

May 28, 2005, 6:36 PM
Post #1 of 4 (2003 views)
Shortcut

IndeVisual upated with Virgin Gorda Stuff...
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I went to Virgin Gorda last month for my honeymoon...the place is spectacular. Tons of bouldering on that tiny island I don't see or hear too much about it, so I shot some photos and did a short vid. Mellow as the vibe was...It's all up on

www.boulderingvideos.com

Joe

Partner gunksgoer

May 28, 2005, 7:26 PM
Post #2 of 4 (2003 views)
Shortcut

Re: IndeVisual upated with Virgin Gorda Stuff... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Nice.

Ive been to the baths several times with my family on sailing vacations, and when i started climbing i realized the potential of the area. (although didnt have shoes, etc). i wondered when it would start to rival tailand as the honeymoon climbing spot.

Theyre are sooo many boulders, and its not just limited to that end of virgin gorda. Theres an island just off v.g. (fallen jerusalem i think its called) covered in rock, and theyre are several other areas in the bvi as well. Some of the boulders at the baths are rediculously huge too, like grandpa peabody times 10 (well, almost). They look like the could accomodate a slew of crazy hard sport routes. Im really anxious to go back there with some climbing shoes.

Keep up the good work joe.

indevisual

May 28, 2005, 7:47 PM
Post #3 of 4 (2003 views)
Shortcut

Re: IndeVisual upated with Virgin Gorda Stuff... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Thank you.

I was sitting on the boulder's of Devil's Bay daydreaming and looking out at Fallen Jerusalem with so much anxiousness to get over there. It's a speck of an island just occupied by boulders and goats. There's a wealth of climbing there. I tried to get some guys to shuttle us over there by boat...it's sooo close...but, apparently, they said because of the boulders in the water there's nowhere to drop off. So they can get close, and then we'd swim. I don't know how true that is, but, I didn't have a wet bag for my gear, so we never made it. Next time...

Partner phaedrus

May 29, 2005, 3:34 AM
Post #4 of 4 (2003 views)
Shortcut

phaedrus moved this thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

phaedrus moved this thread from Bouldering to View this Website.

Forums : Archive : View this Website

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook