RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Slacklining

Premier Sponsor:

intense

May 31, 2005, 10:33 PM
Post #1 of 4 (1401 views)
Shortcut

slide lock
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

i want a tention release system like on slackline express so where can i get a slide lock or two? i tried rei and home depot but im not sure where wlse to check other than a climbing specific store

Partner slacklinejoe

May 31, 2005, 10:36 PM
Post #2 of 4 (1401 views)
Shortcut

Re: slide lock [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Uhm, here: the slide lock we use
2,200 lb test, made in Sweden

We even have stronger rated one, but it's not as easy to use. That one is 3,000 lb test. I wouldn't recommend anything weaker than 2K, I turned a lot of 1,500 lb test ones into shards during testing.

Just a heads up, we've radically redesigned our Tension System Removal kit (TSR). I just haven't gotten the photos up. Now it accomodates any size of tensioning system including pulleys, biners or ratchets.

slackman

Jun 5, 2005, 2:44 AM
Post #3 of 4 (1401 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In what slacklinging scenerio would you require a slide lock? I just bought my first basic setup today.. and I just can't see where you would fit that in to the lines.. my guess is super-high tension for long lines?

Partner slacklinejoe

Jun 5, 2005, 3:01 AM
Post #4 of 4 (1401 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In what slacklinging scenerio would you require a slide lock? I just bought my first basic setup today.. and I just can't see where you would fit that in to the lines.. my guess is super-high tension for long lines?

I'll try and say this without it being like a sales pitch. I do thing they are cool though.

Slide locks are mostly used on the slackline rigs I make. Basically they are great flexible little tools that work like an ascender for webbing. I think they have a lot of value if used correctly. For the most part, they only do a couple things you can't already do with other methods (which have alternative methods to get around without them), they make life easier.

Works as a quickly movable knot (i.e. clove hitch replacement)

Make quick adjustable tree slings (no retying knots and auto lock off at exactly the right size).

When used at the tail end of a tensioning sytem it auto locks off the system when your done pulling.

Works for a really cool method of "soft pointing" we developed to remove any tensioning system off the main line. This works equaly well to remove pulleys as it does for ratchets or whatever else.

Can work as user friendly way to "reset" on a pulley system much like you'd use a prussik or ascender for in rope. You pull, and it'll lock off the main line's tension while you re-rig your multipliers.

As far as I know, I'm the only one who started putting these on slacklines, but it was bound to happen.

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Slacklining

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook