Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

rocksmoxie

Jun 5, 2005, 8:19 PM
Post #1 of 37 (4760 views)
Shortcut

looking for a few fun sport climbers
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

just a girl looking for sport climbing partners in the front range area. Experienced and capable at belaying and cleaning routes. With some time on the rock, I am a solid 5.10 lead but looking to get better.

bandidopeco

Jun 5, 2005, 10:43 PM
Post #2 of 37 (4760 views)
Shortcut

Re: looking for a few fun sport climbers [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm a fun sport climber!! Just head over to Shiga sometime, or maybe even Mizugakiyama or Ogawayama. If it's a long drive for you to get to Sakudaira, Japan, don't worry. I'll wait.

lizard0fthetrail

Jun 5, 2005, 11:16 PM
Post #3 of 37 (4760 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey,
I'm always looking for more people to climb with, and this season my girlfriend is planning on starting to lead. Having A) another climber and B) a female one, helps a lot when teaching a girl to climb or help with beta, don't you agree? Anyhow, I lead 11, and she follows 10. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. -A

rocksmoxie

Jun 6, 2005, 12:21 AM
Post #4 of 37 (4760 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

thanks for the offer bandidopeco. japan sounds awesome, but it might take a while to get there...

chrisparedes

Jun 6, 2005, 12:38 AM
Post #5 of 37 (4760 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

What area do you climb in? I'll climb anywhere in the Southeast, Alabama, Georgia (where I live), Tenn, S. Carolina.....

killclimbz

Jun 6, 2005, 7:38 PM
Post #6 of 37 (4760 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Sent you a PM. By your post I am assuming the Colorado Front Range. Also, post up on this thread. Just post up on the last page. None of the stuff previous will matter much unless you were in the discussion.

rocksmoxie

Jun 7, 2005, 12:41 PM
Post #7 of 37 (4760 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi chrisparedes,
what part of georgia are you from? I have relatives there and visit once or twice a year. I would be nice to get out with someone when i am there.

whipperboy

Jun 7, 2005, 2:06 PM
Post #8 of 37 (4760 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well, I'm not really in the Front Range area, a little bit north-west of you in Lander. I'm always looking for cool people to climb with, if you ever get up in this area and have need of someone to climb with then just PM me, I'm usually available (when I'm not at work...damn the man). Int'l Climbers Fest is coming up (july 7-10) I highly recommend making the trip...it's a great time!

pamccart

Jun 7, 2005, 3:13 PM
Post #9 of 37 (4760 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hey,

my partner leaves town for about 6 weeks pretty soon so i'll be in need of a new partner. i can climb just every weekend and during the week sometimes depending on what time i can get out of work. I live in Denver by the way.

Shot me a PM if you like and we can go have some fun.

climbindoc

Jun 8, 2005, 2:28 AM
Post #10 of 37 (4760 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey rocksmoxie! I'm also a girl looking for partners in the area- I just moved to Denver two days ago and left my climbing partners behind in Tennessee. It sounds like we climb at the same level. Feel free to email me at erinkahler@yahoo.com and we can head out sometime. (Also anyone else who happens to see this and wants to climb- I'm off for the next two weeks and am up for sport or easy trad)

rocksmoxie

Jun 8, 2005, 2:31 PM
Post #11 of 37 (4760 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

what are you doing on saturday? if it is good weather, do you want to get outside?

Partner amber

Jun 8, 2005, 5:21 PM
Post #12 of 37 (4760 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

another front range female checking in. once upon a time, i led 10s on sport and 9s on trad - but i took most of last year off and honestly have no idea where my leading ability lies right now. i've led two 7s, but i could probably whimper and cuss my way up something a little more difficult.

email or pm if interested in getting together. also, i have weekdays open right now and would LOVE to get outside and climb while we still have this awesome weather!

amber

rocksmoxie

Jun 8, 2005, 6:40 PM
Post #13 of 37 (4760 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hey,
i sent you an email about the weekend. i hope it went thru since my email has been screwed up..maybe we can gather a few girls to get outside this weekend.

shorty

Jun 8, 2005, 6:51 PM
Post #14 of 37 (4760 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
just a girl looking for sport climbing partners in the front range area.
Contrary to the popular belief, there is no sport climbing in the front range. This little region of Colorado is dominated by The Center of the Known Universe, The People's Republic of Boulder (aka "The Republic"). The Republic is inhabited by only the finest of people (i.e. I-have-my-personnal-trainer, Perrier-swilling, Volvo owner, honky, intollerant of minorities, graduate degree, I'm-all-for-sacrificing-as-long-as-it's-NIMBY) who have close relatives in Eugene, Oregon.

Bolts are satanic tools of the Bush administration(s), thus are not allowed in this state. Cams and nuts have somehow been grandfathered into acceptance, even though they also contain demonic stainless steel. It is rumored that the Carter administration pardoned the use of aluminum in Colorado's rock climbing, therefore you should be able to use Camalots and Friends without too many strange looks. Good thing too, because tying off to chickenheads and slinging trees would really limit our pro options.

You may find that wearing Birkenstock's latest bouldering shoe, having a Wild Oats re-usable shopping bag, eating organic apples with worms, and not shaving your pits and legs will keep you in good standing with Boulder's dudes -- these are the guys who do shave their pits and legs.

Just remember that there are no sport routes within reasonable driving distance (i.e. 5 minutes -- anything further out is inhabited by steerage) of The Center of the Known Universe.

Welcome to steerage class, those of us who tend to go down with the Titanic and have been known to chase those shiny things permanently attached to the rock.

rocksmoxie

Jun 8, 2005, 7:39 PM
Post #15 of 37 (4760 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

what are you on? :shock:

climbindoc

Jun 8, 2005, 7:45 PM
Post #16 of 37 (4760 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Didn't get the email, but I tried to call Amber and left a voice message. Would be great to get a group together! Maybe you could try and send another email and we can exchange contact info?

Erin

bobd1953

Jun 8, 2005, 7:58 PM
Post #17 of 37 (4760 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Shorty- it is hard to tell from your last post but do have issues with climbers and other folks from Boulder???

Partner amber

Jun 8, 2005, 8:03 PM
Post #18 of 37 (4760 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

that's just shorty's sense of humor - read it again with dripping sarcasm in mind.

climbindoc - i just got back in from some errands. expect the phone to ring shortly. :)

bob - i think it's my fault. i climbed with shorty at the gym before you ever-so-delicately plucked my head from my arse. perhaps i inadvertently contaminated him?

ps. shorty - i'm still waiting for my BMW. i live in boulder valley, but have yet to receive the BMW and super fancy SUV. (bummed)

Partner amber

Jun 8, 2005, 8:04 PM
Post #19 of 37 (4760 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Didn't get the email, but I tried to call Amber and left a voice message. Would be great to get a group together! Maybe you could try and send another email and we can exchange contact info?

Erin

ps. if email isnt working, try the private messaging function through the site. it's a decent way of exchanging info.

shorty

Jun 8, 2005, 8:53 PM
Post #20 of 37 (4760 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Pepsi Twist, second one today. I'm trying to cut back.
In reply to:
Shorty it is hard to tell from your last post but do you have issues with climbers and other folks from Boulder???
Not at all (Mr. Thank-God-I-live-in-Lousiville-instead-of-Boulder), Bob.

The vast, eastern plains of Saudia Aurora are such a lovely locale. Why we have more trailer parks per capita than just about any place this side of Commerce City. Our vistas of the distant mountains are not blocked by those hideous tall plants (I think they're called trees). We know DIA's landing patterns by heart -- I don't even need to go outside to tell you which direction the wind is blowing. And let's not forgot Buckley Airfield's contribution to the arial traffic. There's nothing like an F-16 in full afterburn early on a Sunday morning to get you going.

For entertainment we have east Colfax Avenue. Ever since the vice squad has started publishing pictures of pimps and johns in the paper, things have quieted down a bit, but watching the street corner show from a booth in the local White Castle still can be fun. And shoot, there are the Aurora and Buckingham Malls, where it's fun to bring your 9-mil Glock and sight it in on a Camry or two in the parking lots. You never know when you just might need a piece during climbing. In fact, last week I found it quite useful -- putting a cap in the ass of that marmot in the Platte was great fun. But Billy Bob wasn't so pleased when I popped off a round into the bed of his F-150, especially since it ruined one of the eight 6-packs of Coors Light in the back.

In reply to:
ps. shorty - i'm still waiting for my BMW. i live in boulder valley, but have yet to receive the BMW and super fancy SUV. (bummed)
Good news, Amber, BMW now makes an SUV -- two for the price of one (or is that twice the price for one). Now you have room for the beemer, the Volvo, and the Prius in your garage.

bobd1953

Jun 8, 2005, 9:01 PM
Post #21 of 37 (4760 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Not at all (Mr. Thank-God-I-live-in-Lousiville-instead-of-Boulder), Bob.

Dude- I know I have issues with most of the wankers from Boulder. I was just asking a simple question. :D

Had a major epic in the "Black" on Sunday. I am trying to blame most of it on my climbing partner (kcrag) but I don't think most people will buy it. We climbed and downclimbed over 2,200 feet and still didn't get to the rim. Talk to you later about it.

Partner amber

Jun 8, 2005, 9:27 PM
Post #22 of 37 (4760 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
Good news, Amber, BMW now makes an SUV -- two for the price of one (or is that twice the price for one). Now you have room for the beemer, the Volvo, and the Prius in your garage.

kick ass. if i buy one, will i be cool enough for you go climbing with me again? :)

tradklime

Jun 8, 2005, 9:52 PM
Post #23 of 37 (4760 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
...beemer...

It's bimmer not beemer! (beemer refers to BMW motorcycles) get with the program, bucko.

:roll: sheesh, you really aren't from anywhere close to boulder are you?

shorty

Jun 8, 2005, 9:54 PM
Post #24 of 37 (4760 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

kick ass. if i buy one, will i be cool enough for you go climbing with me again? :)
Jeebers, if you get one, I will be the one so not cool enough to climb with you.

clymber

Jun 8, 2005, 9:58 PM
Post #25 of 37 (4760 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

id be up for another partner....dont think you can ever have to many of them.....besides you get tired of climbing with the same person every day....maybe thats just me but one more is better then one less

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - Mountain States

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook