RSS FeedRSS Feeds for View this Website

Premier Sponsor:

redpointdesignwear

Jul 15, 2005, 8:14 PM
Post #1 of 9 (3426 views)
Shortcut

www.redpointdesignwear.com
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

A new company designing t-shirts for non-mainstream hobbies. We are new, and very small, but we are involved in most of the hobbies, and have worked with people involved in each hobby, to create designs that represent the people who would wear them. Please give us a look over, and contact us with any suggestions you may have. Thank you.

raymondjeffrey

Jul 15, 2005, 8:49 PM
Post #2 of 9 (3426 views)
Shortcut

Re: www.redpointdesignwear.com [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I'd love to give you all a look, but how?

killclimbz

Jul 15, 2005, 8:50 PM
Post #3 of 9 (3426 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

First you should hot link your url. Makes it easier for us lazy types. Also, on your about us page, I find it a little more comforting to have an address and phone # included for inquiries. Just an email for a contact makes me suspicious. Just my $.02. Good luck.

theishofoz

Jul 15, 2005, 8:51 PM
Post #4 of 9 (3426 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i have a feeling that it is http://www.redpointdesignwear.com

elvislegs

Jul 15, 2005, 8:54 PM
Post #5 of 9 (3426 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

not to be too cruel, but it's just t-shirts. what's the appeal?

the prints are cool, but i don't see anything extraordinary about the shirts other than some fine photos.

honestly, if i just want a t-shirt with a climbing pic on it, i can have one made with my own pic for a few dollars more than your sale price.

good luck anyway.

sidepull

Jul 15, 2005, 9:11 PM
Post #6 of 9 (3426 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I agree with elvis - not much going on here that is original. I'd never pay a premium for a shirt just because it said climbing and had a below average silohuette. Sorry.

I'd take a look at threadless.com - they produce really cool designs. Maybe that will open your eyes to designing shirts, even hobbie specific ones, that people would really want to wear because the shirt looks good not because it lables me according to my hobbies. In fact that' just what you're producing: labels.

redpointdesignwear

Jul 16, 2005, 1:59 PM
Post #7 of 9 (3426 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Thank you all for your feedback. This is exactly what we were looking for. Being a new business we wanted peoples opinions and ideas so we could see how to improve our business, or if we should even venture further into it. Thanks once again. http://www.redpointdesignwear.com

kinosoo

Jul 17, 2005, 4:22 PM
Post #8 of 9 (3426 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Actual pictures are not all that cool you need to come up with something simple and funny.

renohandjams

Jul 27, 2005, 6:36 PM
Post #9 of 9 (3426 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

FREE FEEDBACK IS GREAT! Can't get enough of it:

Here's mine:
It looks like the spice your site might need could really be helped with a web designer, not a big hot shot firm, but a nerdy college student who knows html. Most of it is just graphics, fancy fonts and tables, something gripping. You can check out my site below, we've spend thousands of hours on it and I still hate it, I want to throw up when I see it, but at least we've put the time into it.

2nd.
I think the look a lot of hard core climbers are going for might be a little different, more bold, retro, etc.. I know you have lots of different customers, climbers, etc... but if you could watch a group of hard core climbers trad climbing something that is 5.11-5.13 and see what they are wearing as far as t-shirts that might get you a better idea. Most rock climbers don't really wear white t-shirts, they get dirty too easy. Something more natural, light grey, brown, etc.. whatever. Look through all the climbing photos on this sight and get an idea of what colors and looks they like and cater to that.

Besides that I think you might have something here. You just need a slightly better presentation (maybe actual photos of tshirts on babes, etc..) slightly better webdesign, something simple, not fancy or expensive and maybe more color options, more bold designs. Even offer commision to artists who are willing to do a climbing shirt.

Feedback can be painful, but it really helps. Good luck.

Forums : Archive : View this Website

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook