RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - West Coast

Premier Sponsor:

paul1976

Jul 19, 2005, 10:36 AM
Post #1 of 2 (310 views)
Shortcut

Help!
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Help- I have just resigned from my job and need to do some climbing. what a nightmare.
:D

I am from the UK and will be climbing with my girlfriend in the high sierra/ maybe yosemite from August 19th. That leaves August 6th - 18th without a climbing partner. Maybe someone can help???

I am 29 and have climbed for about 12 years, and have climbed in the UK (where I live - up to grade E2, 5c), the European Alps (extensive experience on both 1 day routes and multi day routes- up to grade TD+/ ED-), the Himalayas (up to 7500m) and in the US/ MExico (Joshua Tree, Arizona and El Potrero Cicho - up to 5.10d). I am not good a climbing cracks or offwidths - we dont have many over here in the UK, but happy to learn and adapt! I have been involved in plenty of epics before (in my youth- may I add), I view safety as important.

I am pretty relaxed about where I go climbing- my ideal climbing partner will also be safe and have plenty of experience and might be keen to try some of the more adventurous routes. But ideal partners never pop up and I am also happy to climb with someone who is less experienced, maybe a little younger who has bags of enthusiasm and is mega fit (they can carry my bag to the crag!!). It is important that this person I am looking for is also quite a laugh- the sort of person you can have a beer with after a day on the mountain. I will have a car.

I am also posting this on the colorado page since I could also have my arm twisted to go there, if there is a suitable climbing partner available.

Best to shoot me an email if you are keen - please include age, ability and example of routes climbed, and what your goals, if any are.

Cheers,
Paul Mann

chris13b

Jul 24, 2005, 6:08 PM
Post #2 of 2 (310 views)
Shortcut

Re: Help! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Paul,
I've been climbing for 27 years I climb 5.12+-5.13 sport but also love to go to new area's and try and onsight 5.12- or even 5.11. I know Tahoe,Sonora Pass and the valley very well. I climb mid-week so maybe we could do some climbing during the week.Just did a trip to Elephants Graveyard climbing area
the elevation there is about 9,000 feet so nice and cool. Call when you hit Calif. 408-666-9009

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - West Coast

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook