Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

jamming_man

Jul 30, 2005, 10:14 PM
Post #1 of 58 (13163 views)
Shortcut

Bay Area Climbers...Whaere Are You :?:
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Bay area offers an amazing amount of climbing possibilities, unfortunately most climbers are stuck with no one to climb with and no chance to explore the Castle Rock and Boulder creek areas and also many sea side cliffs that are easily accessible.

SO! I Want to start an ongoing thread to bring Bay Area climbers together and meet up with them to form a sort of a local climbing community. Post away if you are in Campbell , San Jose, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz or anywhere around those areas or if even if you heard of them. All are welcome if you don't mind the drive. :) If any of you weekend warriors got some free time on the weekend, post here to see if here is somebody out there wants to go climbing today. 8^) If you want to set up some time to clean up some of the local crags post here...Im all for that.

So...without further ado(or however you spell it) what do you think?

chris13b

Aug 1, 2005, 1:47 AM
Post #2 of 58 (13163 views)
Shortcut

Re: @Bay Area Climbers...Whaere Are You :?: [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

DUDE WHY DOES IT ALWAYS HAVE TO BE WEEKEND WHAT ABOUT MID_WEEK>I"M IN TOGA(SARA)

jamming_man

Aug 2, 2005, 3:15 AM
Post #3 of 58 (13163 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I got nothing wrong with mid week , man...Im all up for it if you are. I am actually thinking of going to Mount Diablo this wednesday the 4th with some girl named lisssie and my friend steve. Im free tuesday,...thats tomorrow btw. And ill go climb some castle with ya =)how about it?

jamming_man

Aug 2, 2005, 3:22 AM
Post #4 of 58 (13163 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Im all up for mid week during the summer so if you ever got time call me up.... called you recently. This is Mike btw...

tdah

Aug 4, 2005, 6:38 AM
Post #5 of 58 (13163 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i just moved to the bay area (burlingame) and would love to meet some cool people to climb with. til now, i've only been a gym rat (i lived in miami - there is no outdoor climbing there!), but would love to get into the outdoor scene also. indoors i've fairly comfortable on 5-10, and clawed my way up a couple 5-11. i have my own basic gear (harness, shoes, chalk bag), but that's it...so far. PM me or leave me an email addy if i can tag along!

jamming_man

Aug 4, 2005, 8:20 PM
Post #6 of 58 (13163 views)
Shortcut

Re: Bay Area Climbers...Whaere Are You :?: [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I've never even heard of Burlingame and i've lived here for a while...=) what are some of the nearby cities , if you know...?(u said u just moved) Ill be happy to show you around the Castle Rock area, because thats where i climb all the time. I've been to Tahoe's Lovers Leap once, about a month ago...but, thats about it. Anyway, i live in Campbell on Hamilton Ave. if you want to run it by mapqust or smth... and i try to go climbing a few times a week... since im on vacation i can go anytime. so PM me or smth. I have all you need for castle...gear wise. :) Keep in touch man...

ddarko34

Aug 4, 2005, 8:24 PM
Post #7 of 58 (13163 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

burlingame's right next to millbrae. used to play them in high school. anyways, i live in SF. got no car and no trad/sport gear. but the basics to get by. followed trad @ lover's leap. wanna start leading on real rock tho. need practice building anchors and working a multipitch seq. climb about high 10s/low 11s.

so that being said, if anyone wants to hook up with a carless climber and wants to hit up some rock (aside from beaver st.) shoot me a msg.

jamming_man

Aug 4, 2005, 8:47 PM
Post #8 of 58 (13163 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

SF is exactly 40 min driving from Campbell. And about one and a half hour from castle rock. SF is also close to Mount Diablo...about 35 min drive at 60 mph. There is a group that wants to go this Saturday. They are gathering at Rock City at noon on sat. you'll have to talk to lisa though. I wanted to go but i have no way of getting there on Saturday. Lisa lives somewhere in SF too. You can contact her if you want. Her screen name is lishe i think. Shoot her a PM or an e-mail if you'd like. Good luck =)

p.s. If i find a ride and decide to go, i might be able to give you a ride... im not promissing anything though. =)

jamming_man

Aug 4, 2005, 9:06 PM
Post #9 of 58 (13163 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
so that being said, if anyone wants to hook up with a carless climber ...

careless = injury...not good... :roll: ...jk

jiadar

Aug 4, 2005, 9:53 PM
Post #10 of 58 (13163 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I am in SF, lead 5.7 and have a rack, ropes, and go climbing at least twice a month. I usually go to yosemite but want to go to Tahoe as it gets cooler.

ddarko34

Aug 4, 2005, 9:56 PM
Post #11 of 58 (13163 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

haha this weekend's not good for me. but the season's still long so there's still some time. shoot me a pm if you hook up with some ppl. i actually might swing out to tuolome (sic obviously) later this month or early next.

jamming_man

Aug 5, 2005, 9:24 PM
Post #12 of 58 (13163 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sounds good darko...=) ...

Why is everyone in SF...damn...i feel like i should move. although...i must admit that having a crag within a reasonable biking distance is a good thing =). I will definately hook up with you if you do get out to Yosemite or Tahoe jiadar! Sounds fun. What exactly did you have in mind? Lovers leap? Sanora? Do you have topos or guides or whatever you call them?

Lets do this =)

jiadar

Aug 5, 2005, 9:42 PM
Post #13 of 58 (13163 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm going to Tuolomne this weekend, and also have a campsite next weekend in the meadows, aug 12-13. I don't know about taking a complete newbie on alpine trad climbs though. I am looking for someone to go though from the bay area. I could be happy with day hiking/3rd class, or perhaps a short easy climb like NW Books of Lembert.

jamming_man

Aug 5, 2005, 10:00 PM
Post #14 of 58 (13163 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

=) aww man... i guess i am a newbie... damn. :) My two friends and i did the knapsack crack at Lovers leap though. My first trad multi-pitch ever. I still cant decide whether it was a smart thing to do or not. It was an awesome trip though =)...haha...I was hoping we'd take another one by the end of summer but it doesn't look like it.

You said Alpine trad? as much of a noob as i am ...=] i understand that alpine involves ice...right? during the summer right? Is meadows that high up?

That was pretty much my goal when i got into climbing,... to get into the mixed climbing aspect of it =)...i still got a while before im that experianced though.

anyway... are there no non-alpine climbs on the meadows?

keep in touch...=)

jiadar

Aug 5, 2005, 10:10 PM
Post #15 of 58 (13163 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

no alpine doesn't mean ice, I don't climb ice... alpine means high peaks, exposure, long hikes, long time on the climb, usually with big consequences if something goes wrong.

jamming_man

Aug 5, 2005, 10:23 PM
Post #16 of 58 (13163 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

well, i've climbed shasta and a few mountains in Russia while i was still there. ... i thought that was mountaineering though.

ddarko34

Aug 5, 2005, 11:35 PM
Post #17 of 58 (13163 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hey Lover's or Tuolomne sounds good. someone set up a time/place and we'll hook up then.

cmacblue42

Aug 6, 2005, 12:28 AM
Post #18 of 58 (13163 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i live in san jose, in the almaden area. there is this one park with a big rock in front of it across the street form castillero and some trails going up the hill it is on. i hiked them (more like walked or ran) and there were some really mossy boulders up there. anyway, did u guys hear about the pot farm near hicks road and Los Gatos Christian School and the shootout and everything. I go there for school so it was pretty crazy to know there was a pot farm down the road at the hills facing the school. and im goin to yosemite at the end of august, so tell me any info i need to know since it is my first time going to yosemite and i need topos and such ( i already got the one form dr topo, wil it be good enough?). im staying at curry village along with my mom, little bro and dad so activities for my bro and mom would be appriciated.
Thanks

jamming_man

Aug 6, 2005, 3:09 AM
Post #19 of 58 (13163 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

cmacblue ...Hiking is the only thing that's coming to mind...i've only been there once though...and... it was more of a party all night oriented trip rather then hiking or doing anything else for that matter...can't tell you a thing sorry. Are you going to climb with your dad?

plim

Aug 6, 2005, 3:11 AM
Post #20 of 58 (13163 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hey, im in the east bay, and im down to meet up. always lookin for new climbs, im only doing gym's right now but im itching to go outdoors. let me know if anyone wants to drag along a newb. :lol:

jamming_man

Aug 6, 2005, 3:14 AM
Post #21 of 58 (13163 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

as long as you drive =) :lol:

jamming_man

Aug 6, 2005, 3:52 AM
Post #22 of 58 (13163 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

also check out http://www.climbingbayarea.com/ if you haven't yet. =)

cmacblue42

Aug 6, 2005, 11:52 PM
Post #23 of 58 (13163 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
cmacblue ...Hiking is the only thing that's coming to mind...i've only been there once though...and... it was more of a party all night oriented trip rather then hiking or doing anything else for that matter...can't tell you a thing sorry. Are you going to climb with your dad?
Ive been there a ton though, there are some, maybe one or two boulders up there that are really mossy but are off kinda primitive trails that speartate from the trail by the playground. And my dad doesnt climb but he wants to and we ordered some phoenixs for him since i won the mad rock product contest thing but i still havent got the shoes in like 3 weeks and i sent them a couple emails and they arent responding so as of now, no.

karmaklimber

Aug 7, 2005, 12:20 AM
Post #24 of 58 (13163 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm in San Jose.

chris13b

Aug 7, 2005, 2:14 AM
Post #25 of 58 (13163 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I am sorry about not getting back online-work is getting crazy 20 year anniver.coming upt Pulled my shoulder out up at Elephants graveyard.So I've
been down. Probably this week for climbing @ 9,000 ft elevation Killer sport on granite. Or maybe Mayhem Cove overhanging sport climbing

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - West Coast

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook