RSS FeedRSS Feeds for The Ladies' Room

Premier Sponsor:

amstone

Aug 21, 2005, 1:20 AM
Post #1 of 10 (1287 views)
Shortcut

I found my mojo!!!
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

This time last year I was reduced to tears on a 5.6 at the New River Gorge. Had a horrible year of climbing and was ready to quit after another breakdown in Yosemite. Went back to the same wall to 'watch' and got coaxed into trying it again. I did a 5.8 route like it was a ladder. No shaking, no crying. Felt like a champ. My mojo was up there the whole time! I am glad to have it back. Got to the top of the route and looked over the top of the trees at the gorge, smiled and asked to be lowered as the rain started to pour. LOVE IT!

gblauer

Aug 21, 2005, 2:22 PM
Post #2 of 10 (1287 views)
Shortcut

Re: I found my mojo!!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

It's a great feeling isn't it?

Don't be discouraged if you lose it again. I have found that my mojo comes and goes. I haven't discovered a pattern yet, nor what triggers the loss/regain. Anyone have any ideas?

My philosphy: enjoy while you have it and push through it when you don't.

crimpergirl

Aug 21, 2005, 10:05 PM
Post #3 of 10 (1287 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

NRG has made me cry out of frustration more times than I care the remember!! Glad your mojo is back!

granite_grrl

Aug 22, 2005, 12:10 PM
Post #4 of 10 (1287 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Awesome! I had the same thing last year...backing off routes that were well within my ability, hanging at every bolt while I sport climbed, never doing a move that felt inseure above gear.

It was a slow start this season, but I finally feel that I'm leading at the level I should be. It feels fantastic!

axelcrash

Aug 22, 2005, 1:48 PM
Post #5 of 10 (1287 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Dont worry about the breakdown in yosemite. I had one last year too there while climbing royal arches. I cant wait to get back to yosemite to climb harder, stronger and experience the uniqueness of the place itself.

amstone

Aug 27, 2005, 3:26 AM
Post #6 of 10 (1287 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm glad it isn't just me then. Thanks for the kudos and encourgement.

clausti

Aug 27, 2005, 4:29 AM
Post #7 of 10 (1287 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I have found that my mojo comes and goes. I haven't discovered a pattern yet, nor what triggers the loss/regain. Anyone have any ideas?

yeah, when I get broken up with, it goes. when I try something that is unproductivly hard as the "warmup," it goes. when i write a really good poem it comes back, and when i am scared shitless, but push through anyways, it comes back.

so, if i get broken up with, but write a really good poem about it, the night before i try and unproductively hard warmup, but flail all the way to the top anyways, i'm about par.

u_will_die

Aug 28, 2005, 9:34 PM
Post #8 of 10 (1287 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

damm girlfriend i feel the same way . when i get broken up with i usually pig out on donuts and ice cream and resort to gym climbing . i tend to find that thinking for myself only gets me in trouble when i climb so i usually just let the boys do all the leading stuff because they tend to crak way harder than we do anyway... damm i need a tissue...

krisp

Aug 28, 2005, 9:41 PM
Post #9 of 10 (1287 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
damm girlfriend i feel the same way . when i get broken up with i usually pig out on donuts and ice cream and resort to gym climbing . i tend to find that thinking for myself only gets me in trouble when i climb so i usually just let the boys do all the leading stuff because they tend to crak way harder than we do anyway... damm i need a tissue...

STFU, You Stinky Troll!!!

*sorry to post to your thread, ladies. This guy is a real assbag. I didn't want anyone to take him seriously.

Partner macherry

Aug 28, 2005, 10:17 PM
Post #10 of 10 (1287 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

STFU, You Stinky Troll!!!

*sorry to post to your thread, ladies. This guy is a real assbag. I didn't want anyone to take him seriously.

thanks krisp!!!!

Forums : Community : The Ladies' Room

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook