RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Gear Heads

Premier Sponsor:

smearns

Aug 24, 2005, 5:34 PM
Post #1 of 4 (756 views)
Shortcut

Metolius XXL-Discontinued?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

So I did a lot of research online and after about two weeks of going back and forth on which pad I should buy - which one would be the best quality, have the most coverage, for the best price and so on. I finally decided on the metolius large crash pad only to find out a couple days later that it was discontinued. So i broke down and decided to shell out $250 some dollars for the XXL. Well i found this awesome website offering it for only $220 compared to $250, free shipping and no sales tax too! Well once again only to find out that this too was discontinued! Just a question why do websites sell things that are discontinued? Just throwing that question out there. All to say that I am now - I think anyways - getting the metolius fat bastard. Wise investment? Is it worth it? Anyone that has one or knows anything about them your feedback is appreciated!

static_endurance

Aug 24, 2005, 6:14 PM
Post #2 of 4 (756 views)
Shortcut

Re: Metolius XXL-Discontinued? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

The way you're saying it, it sounds like you're saying they've discontinued production of the XXL altogether, but unless they've cut production mid-season, they're still making it, as it was in their '05 catalogue. It could just be that the sites you're checking out are out of the XXL, and are just not taking it off the website.
As for the fat bastard, i'm pretty sure it's not supposed to be released untill spring 2006, so unless you're buying for then, it might be a good idea to look for a different pad.

dudemanbu

Aug 24, 2005, 6:22 PM
Post #3 of 4 (756 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

my crash pad is home made. I went to the fabrics store and bought a combination of styrofoam beads, and poly padding (similar to egg crate mattress cover, but 5" thick) and some canvas, and made myself one for 65 bucks. Works just as well as any other pad i've used.

rainontin

Aug 24, 2005, 7:02 PM
Post #4 of 4 (756 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The Fat Bastard is in stores now.

Forums : Climbing Information : Gear Heads

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook